cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg i phone not clear to me

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi what do you excatly get with the iphone payg for £342.50 as its not really clear

From what i understand you get free web But no calls how does it work?

Do you have to top up every month or can you leave a month out when money is tight?

Do you get any minutes when you do top up included? or do you pay on top for free mins

And what happens what the deals ends do you lose everything? i understand to keep the deal you need to top up £10 but do you need to do this on a monthly basis and whats included after the deal ends what do you get the keep and lose

is the sim avaible by itself? i already have a iphone

Oh and please what is this mb charge does this mean infact that its not free after all please see below about mb charge?
Quoted from o2 website
Downloading data costs £3 a MB in the EU and £6 a MB everywhere else.
Quoted from o2 website

Many thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you first activate the sim with £10 you'll get one year's worth of internet free. As it comes to the end of the year you'll get a text to remind you it's about to end and when it does you'll need to top up £10 per month to keep it.

As far as I'm aware this deal is only for people who buy a new iphone, you can't just ask for it because you have an iphone.

The £3/£6 charges you quoted are for roaming. The free internet is for UK use only.
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
well for any body who is interested before getting caught by making any decisions

1) yes you have to top up £10 pound to first activate the iphone payg line thats for £342.50 a additional £10.00 to first get activated

2)No you dont have to top up every month unless you want to add calls to you free web
because you get no minutes or texts free just the free web FAIR USAGE POLICY APPLIES
so if you want minutes or texts pay and top up for those minutes as a addition

3)When the deal ends you have to pay £10-£15 if you want calls please see for tarrifs http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/paygo
And £10 for the wi fi bolt add on if you want to continue to get Web.
Brings this to a total of £20.00 or £25.00
(what i am not sure of is if you need to regularly top up on a monthly basis to keep you free web or you can miss a month
out maybe someone can clarify

4) the sim is not avaible by itself as far as i can tell

Still not sure how heafty the mb charges are even though the web bolt will be free
im sure you will get charges some where down the line hmmmm

Quoted from o2 website
Downloading data costs £3 a MB in the EU and £6 a MB everywhere else.
Quoted from o2 website

Any thing stated here is only accurate as far as i have read please do you own research as this is only for educational purposes
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently bought an iPhone, which I used with my Vodafone PAYG sim card, but VF charges 50p a day for internet access (~£15.-/month), they got a Flexi Pack for £7.50/month, but only for contract, not PAYG - hence bye bye VF. Because O2's web bolt-on cost only £10/month I moved my number to O2. I had a O2 PAYG sim card, on which I activated the web bolt-on (call 2425), then a few days before the month was over I received a text message from O2, reminding me of the renewal (if I don't do anything) and reminding me that £10.- will be taken of my PAYG credit. However, I called 2425 and canceled the web bolt-on, as I was using that O2 PAYG sim card to transfer my number to. Now that is finished I have activated the web bolt-on again (same sim card, but different number).
I am playing with the idea to sell my iPhone (2G) and buy the newer 3GS from O2, hoping that I can get the 1 year free web access on my existing O2 PAYG sim card.
Currently I have no other bolt-on, only the web one for £10.-/month. Because I top up about £15 every month (£10 for web bolt-on and £5 for calls), I also get free text.
A very good deal for a "low user", where contract is just a waste of money and PAYG is ideal.

The huge MB charges are for using the internet abroad. I usually disable the internet settings when going abroad and only use free public WiFi hot spots for internet.
Message 4 of 4