Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payg SIM swap error

Ddavies
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi all. I was transferring a SIM over after getting a new phone, then installed O2 app on the new phone which showed balances etc from the number I was keeping.  I then stupidly called the top up number from the new phone.  As soon as I realised my mistake I called customer services but the new SIM had already been cancelled and they claim they can do nothing about the 10 balance on it and it's tough luck basically.  I thought they would aggregate the balance.

Any advice?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ddavies 

Virgin are now handling all O2 customer services so you'll get nothing out of them at all now.

|The only suggestion I have is for you to make a complaint, but that's not guarantee of satisfaction either unfortunately.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Ddavies 

Virgin are now handling all O2 customer services so you'll get nothing out of them at all now.

|The only suggestion I have is for you to make a complaint, but that's not guarantee of satisfaction either unfortunately.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2