cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay off handset

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 refresh if I pay off phone can I still carry on paying airtime or you have to upgrade
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes if you pay off the device then all you do is carry on paying the airtime as the phone is fully yours. No need to upgrade if you don't want to

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes if you pay off the device then all you do is carry on paying the airtime as the phone is fully yours. No need to upgrade if you don't want to
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions
We have a community guide here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-does-O2-Refresh-work/ba-p/1014093
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You would be better to look at SIM only deals however, these often work out cheaper than continuing to pay the standard airtime
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145345 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27927 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
You would be better to look at SIM only deals however, these often work out cheaper than continuing to pay the standard airtime

On this occasion I'd disagree. My airtime tariff is 8gb unlimited for £15 pm

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

And the OP doesn't actually want to change anything so sim only is out of the question 

Message 6 of 8

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
The word often was used 😉
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Contract ends in 2018 so I don't have to pay 30 a month for unlimited calls txt 10gb data I could get 20 GB internet but don't use much maybe 6 or something a month otherwise I'd just leave it then maybe lower it after the airtime contract run out
Message 8 of 8