cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay monthly sim...

Anonymous
Not applicable
When buying a pay monthly sim, what happens if you go over your allowed amount of data? Do you get extra charges? Or does it not work? Ty!
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No extra charges at all. Data just stops working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No extra charges at all. Data just stops working.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You cannot go over as data just stops once you reach your allowance. You then have a choice of buying a data bolt on or waiting until your allowance resets on your billing date.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also can you keep your same number? Ty!
Message 4 of 12

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Massive thanks!!! 😀😃😀 xxx.
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You will also be sent a text to say when you've reached 80% of your data and another when all used.
It's cheaper to go for a tariff with slightly more data than you'd think as the bolt ons can work out expensive.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks MI5! Could I ask you another question about buying direct from Apple? I'm looking at joining their yearly upgrade programme... Do you have to pay the £49.00 pounds each time around? Massive thanks! Really appreciate all your help! Thanks again! 😀😃😀 x.
Message 8 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

The upfront fee might vary each year but yes you'll need to pay something I would imagine.
It comes off the total price for the handset though.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
So if you traded in your old device, that would hopefully pay the upfront cost off? Massive thanks MI5! 😀😃😀 x.
Message 10 of 12