cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay & Go Top Up

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please can someone advise if when on Pay & Go with a £10 top up, does any remaining balance get carried forward to the next month or do you lose it when you do your next top up? Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Depends which tariff you are on.
Some tariffs leave your top up in place whilst others take it as payment for more allowances.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Payg tariffs here http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo

On the Big Bundle no allowances carry over.

If your on the £10 one and you say top up £15 then £5 will stay on your payg account until you use it as part of your next anniversary date or if you use it for calls and texts or data use if your included allowances get exhausted in the month

On the Big Talker your credit remains on your account until you use it. Again no allowances carry over into the next month.
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

does my unused balance carry forward each month on the international sim? Is this the best pay as you go sim to be on  as i only use the (extremly cheap basic) phone 10days a month for very few calls and texts. thank you from totally confused old person!

Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122992 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

You may want to call customer services and ask to go on a Basic tariff...For your limited usage this is probably the best one for you. They are available but you do have to ask.... Ring 4445 and speak to someone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Credit will carry forward but not allowances.
The best tariff for occasional use is o2 basic but you need to call CS on 4445 and ask to be put on it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you... the O2 shops don't seem to be able to find the right one. Will the balance carry over till next month , when I return to England? I was put on a bundle that cost me 20 and gave me a zillion minutes and texts (and data that my phone can't use) when I bought this little phone in November, it didn't carry forward! Big waste! I just want to have a phone for emergencies while I visit UK. Simple!! thank you for any answers!
Message 7 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you! I will ring them!
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Shops cant do it. You have to call.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122992 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

As we said @Anonymous for a phone that can't use data you only need the very Basic tariff. It isn't used often which is why some advisors may not remember it. If you ring and request the Basic tariff then they will put you on it. If you have any problems then try Tesco. They do a good basic payg tariff and run on the O2 network...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15