cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay Monthly?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I am soon to leave O2 and rang to cancel on 3rd Sept, giving one month notice as contract was up for renew on 6th Oct but no longer needed. I was told the phone would be switched off on 3rd Oct with final bill coming later on.

I received my last automated 24th bill today for the regular monthly amount which is paid on 9-10th of every moth.

My question is, are monthly payments paid in advance? If so does anyone know why would I receive a request for a full monthly amount if my line is to be switched off in one week? The accounmt also shows my next billing date on 26th Oct which is odd or is it just automated without taking into account of cancellation?

Thanks for any replies. Hoping to not  ring O2 as it's not always easy to hear them.

slight_smile

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I know there is nothing to indicate an account is about to close. It would be reflected on the next bill. Call if you want to confirm.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You do pay a month in advance and any adjustment will be made on your next bill. You will probably find that you are in vredit and O2 will refund it into your bank account upon request.

Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. Is there a place on my account where I can view it is being closed as I was advised? Want to make sure o2 are dealing with it correctly.
Message 3 of 11

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It will appear on your next bill.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I checked my latest (24th bill) and there's no mention of anything other than the payment details and amount. Is there anywhere online on my account where I can see that it is due to close as requested, or am I going to have to call them as confirmation that all is ok? Thanks again.
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As far as I know there is nothing to indicate an account is about to close. It would be reflected on the next bill. Call if you want to confirm.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. Do you know a contact email for O2 phones, can't seem to locate it on their help pages?
Message 7 of 11

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again. slight_smile
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I just have a question, my contract with o2 runs out on Tuesday, October 1st. How do I cancel it? I've no idea if the contract automatically carries on or anything! 😕

I've seen another phone I would like and it's still with o2, but another 24 month contract. Do I need to call o2 and say that I am getting a new phone etc and don't want to carry on my contract? I'm a bit confused about it, as there isn't anything on the o2 site or within my account about my contract when I sign in! Please help!

Thanks slight_smile

Sam.

Message 10 of 11