cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pay As You Go Go Go - I don't think I want it

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just bought a new PAYG phone with a £10 SIM and kept getting nagged to select a plan.  I eventually went for the £10 Pay as you Go Go Go plan.  I now realise that this seems to be a contract under another name.  On my old phone £10 would last me most of the year!  It now looks like in a month’s time all the text, time, data allocation will run out (I'm not likely to use them all) and I'll then not be able to use the phone until I top-up another £10.  My question is how do I go back to a standard PAYG tariff where I just top-up when I want to with how much I want to?  If I wanted a contract phone I'd have taken one out!

TIA,

Dennis

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Dennis.

Pay & Go go go is not to everyones liking, especially if you are only an occasional user.

• You can either call 4444 to select a new plan through the automated system.

• 4445 (one off call charge of 25p) to speak to an advisor.

• Log onto My O2 and requst a tariff change.

• Pop into your local O2 store with your phone where they can change your plan.

Your best option would be either Text & Web (top up £10 and recieve 300 text and 500MB data for 1 month and keep the credit until it is all used) or O2 Unlimited (top up £15 and recieve unlimited calls and text to O2 numbers for 1 month and again keep the credit until it is all used).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Hi Dennis.

Pay & Go go go is not to everyones liking, especially if you are only an occasional user.

• You can either call 4444 to select a new plan through the automated system.

• 4445 (one off call charge of 25p) to speak to an advisor.

• Log onto My O2 and requst a tariff change.

• Pop into your local O2 store with your phone where they can change your plan.

Your best option would be either Text & Web (top up £10 and recieve 300 text and 500MB data for 1 month and keep the credit until it is all used) or O2 Unlimited (top up £15 and recieve unlimited calls and text to O2 numbers for 1 month and again keep the credit until it is all used).

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I re-read the texts that I'd had from O2 and it certainly was not clear that that this was a month only allowance.  I've basically given £10 to O2.

Not happy with O2 but grateful to you for the info. 

Thanks.

Dennis.

Message 3 of 3