cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing a contract to someone else

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone tried to pass a contract to someone else? Until my daughter was 18 i was paying for her contact whilst she paid me via standing order. She is now 20 and i threaten to leave o2 if they wont switch to her name.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
They wont change names. However when the contract comes up for renewal she could apply for a contract in her own name and move the number over.
Message 2 of 7

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
She will of course have to pass a credit check first.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
There's no point in attempting to coerce o2 into doing your bidding by leaving. They will call your bluff and give you the PAC number almost immediately.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
There's no point in attempting to coerce o2 into doing your bidding by leaving. They will call your bluff and give you the PAC number almost immediately.

Very true. It cannot be done, full stop. Threatening to leave will not make them bend the rules.
As has already been stated, your daughter can take out a new contract in her name and she can port the number over, or, you can keep it in your name and change the bank details for the direct debit to your daughter.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
... or, you can keep it in your name and change the bank details for the direct debit to your daughter.

I've tried to transfer my contract to my partner, am happy to keep it in my name, but tried to change just the bank account details over for the DD and it looks like the bank account has to be in the same name as the contract holder. Things were never this inconvenient years ago, I used to just phone through with an account number and it was job done...
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
... or, you can keep it in your name and change the bank details for the direct debit to your daughter.

I've tried to transfer my contract to my partner, am happy to keep it in my name, but tried to change just the bank account details over for the DD and it looks like the bank account has to be in the same name as the contract holder. Things were never this inconvenient years ago, I used to just phone through with an account number and it was job done...

This isn't correct. The bank details can belong to anyone who gives their permission. You will need to have the person present when you call to update them so that they can give verbal permission to the advisor you're speaking with.
Alternatively, you can log into your online billing and update the direct debit details from there.
Message 7 of 7