Did you mean: 

Paid off phone plan, need credit report updating

Dazsta1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey there everyone,

I had a device plan which I recently paid off in full, if possible I need that to be reflected on my credit report ASAP. I've emailed o2creditreferrals but haven't heard anything back just yet. Is there any other outlet I can use/contact to get this updated?

I would usually just wait, but this is for a mortgage application, and they bank lowered my borrowing limit slightly due to this and it's pretty urgent. Looking at my report it's not updated that regularly. 

Any help / advice appreciated.. Thanks!!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

@Dazsta1 Unfortunately we can't help here. The credit referrals department is the only way and their responses are normally painfully slow.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144462 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Dazsta1 

Chase the credit agencies as some only update every 3 or 6 months.

If they have the info from O2 they may be able to update manually and you can also place a notice of correction on the file yourself too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 4

Dazsta1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks both! Just a heads up for anyone else who has the same issue, credit referrals dept got back to me, took a few weeks but they instantly updated the credit file which resolved the issue I had with the bank!

Thank you :)!

Message 4 of 4