cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG Talkalot question from dullard

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
This may seem like a dull question, but PAYG tariffs confuse the hell out of me (I'm on a monthly contract!)
My son has just inherited my old 3G iphone and is an a PAYG Talkalot Tariff. I've topped this up a couple of times and he now has loads of credit - such that I can't see the point of topping up next month.
1) is the monthly top-up mandatory? Will he lose anything by not topping up at the "due date", other than it eating into his credit obviously and can he (me) then just top it up when his credit runs down as usual?
2) Does the 500mB data allowance end at the due date? Will he then start being charged £3 a MB after his due date if we don't top up?
3) I know this is a PAYG and not an iphone forum, but as I'm here, what do I need to do so that when I send him an MMS he just gets it and doesn't have to go to a website to see it?
Many thanks for your patience
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you may have the wrong tariff name. Can you check? You can do this by using My O2, sending a text saying Balance to 20202 or calling O2.
How Pay and Go works is. Once a month (your anniversary date) O2 look at the total amount you have topped up since the last anniversary date and give you a free allowance based on that. The more you have topped up the more you will get. If you haven't topped up then you won't get an allowance until you do. Allowances don't roll over.
There are also paid for allowances, which last for a month , the cost of which is deducted from your credit.
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Talkalot is the tariff the iPhone O2 app is returning, so that's where I got that from. Will check though
So basically, as he's £30+ in credit with an anniversary date due in a week (he won't get through that in a week) his "free" allowances end and he'll start eating into that credit every time he calls, texts or uses the web?
Then next time he tops up his anniversary date is reset depending on the date he tops up?
Is that correct?
Ta
Simon
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, that's correct.
It might be that Talkalot is the name of his calling plan (what things cost when he has used up his free allowance), not sure how the iPhone app works.
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Message 5 of 5