cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG 999-day Expiry?

Anonymous
Not applicable
My PAYG mobile was disconnected despite having made a call less than 180 days ago and when I contacted customer services they said that there was a 999-day expiry on topups as stated in section 7.1 of the PAYG terms & conditions. But there is no mention of a topup expiry there. Is this stated anywhere as I am fairly certain it is stated (somewhere) that topups do not expire. Or is the 999-day thing some sort of software limitation?
In the event customer services reconnected the number but I don't know if it is liable to expire again in another 999 days. I do make a call at least every 180 days although my phone is a second 'standby' one so credit is only slowly used up!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've always believed that to stay connected, you need to make a chargeable call every 180 days and top-up at least every 999 days.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
What if you can't?

i can't call internationally, or at all becaue i am abroad. How do i make a chargeble call? Do texts count?
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's the reason you can't make a call from abroad?
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
What's the reason you can't make a call from abroad?

Sometimes It won't work or it costs too much.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
From previous posts I understand that thefeefairy is in China, where the government often prevents calls out of the country by foreigners.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am new to this forum and haven't used one before but I have to try and let everyone who has been caught by this 999 day top up rule to complain as there is no such t&c. I had £30 on my phone when they disconnected me. When I phoned CS about it they said they would reconnect me but if I did not top up within 24 hours I would be disconnected again.
I complained to complaintreviewservice@o2.com and in one of the replies they even said it was a new rule and hadn't been put in the t&cs yet !!!!
This phone was not my main mobile but one that I leave in the car for emergencies so if I was in one I would have been without this possible lifeline
Message 7 of 7