cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYG 300 free texts (not free!)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all.

For some time now I've been on the 'Topup £10, get 300 free texts' plan as this seems to suit me just fine. The problem is that when I noticed texts were costing me on Tuesday I topped up again thinking I'd used the 300 (that in itself was odd, as I never use them all).
The 'anniversary date' has never changed anything, usually when I top up it just resets to that date instead. Now I will be contacting customer support; I'm not here for solutions, but I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem since the start of this week.

Thanks,

oxy_02
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just emailed 02 about this too. I had a brilliant sim - for £10 top up I got 300 txt, 500 fave places minutes and internet access (can't recall how much) now with no notification I get the free mins only.

Have been with 02 for 10yrrs or more !
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think you are mistaken, the favourite place tariff doesn't include any text messages. Depending which version you have, you will be getting a 1megabyte allowance.
You can check what your allowance is using My O2. Its easiest and free to do this on your handset. Either select it from the main O2 active page, or type http://wap.o2.co.uk/myo2account/ into your phone browser.
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree. I am with favourite place and you don't get free texts as well. I've had to buy a separate bolt on. If you dial o2's free top up number - 4444, and then press option 2, twice you will get all ur remaining bolt on balances. grin
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to let everyone know; emailed O2 support last night; woke up this morning with unlimited texts reinstated and was advised of the Text & Web deal; pay exactly the same as I was before and get web thrown in aswell! grin

Couple more very quick back-and-forths also got me an O2 treat sorted. First time I've ever used O2 support and I'm chuffed. Exactly the reason I'm with O2 in the first place; good coverage, good support, don't s**** you around like some other providers I could mention
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you are registered for O2 Rewards as well.
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
i topped up 10 pound and get unlimited texts and if i top up 15 i get the net two unlimited net and unlimited texts
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but I am not a liar, my sim package was top up £10 get 300 texts and I registered with fave places about 3yrs ago when it cam out and lo and behold I got the free minutes, the free texts and the internet

I am not mistaken as I know darned well exactly what I had every month!!!
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
The 300 texts was the old Text Anytime Tariff. Favourite Place is a Tariff. You cannot have two tariffs at once. Therefore you are mistaken, no-one is accusing you of lying.
I suspect that what you actually have is the 300 free texts + 1Mb as your allowance and then you have the O2 Home bolt-on.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
No wat I think is that O2 cocked up for 3yrs and gave me fave places and internet in error. Suppose I was lucky to have such a good amount for so little money but they should have written to explain
poor customer service
Message 10 of 12