cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAY & GO, No service issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

recently topped up my phone for the first time since it was transferred from Pay Monthly to Pay & Go. i had the message confirmation stating that this process would take place etc... However, when i actually tried to top up for the first time, the phone remains to have no service. i have turned the phone on/off as well as take the sim card out and back in but still no service. has my top up been wasted or do i have to wait a certain amount of time for the sim to be reactivated once the top up has taken place. 

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You need to call customer service as it looks like your number hasn't been transferred to P&G yet. I would call them as you shouldn't have been sent a sim that needed activating.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You need to call customer service as it looks like your number hasn't been transferred to P&G yet. I would call them as you shouldn't have been sent a sim that needed activating.

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it matter on the distance of when the confirmation text was sent to the actual top up
Message 3 of 23

MI5
  • 145426 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions
Your sim should be active regardless of you topping up - I'm not even aware you can top up an inactive sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't able to do it on the mobile & had to do it via landline. However everything seemed fine and in the end said that the top up was successful which I thought would make the sim activate
Message 5 of 23

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23315 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3711 Solutions

Are you trying to use your Pay Monthly sim or were you sent a new Pay & Go sim?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 145426 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions
PAYG sims are always active - if yours isn't you need to speak to CS to activate it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wasn't sent a new sim I was just told that the sim I'm currently using (which was originally a monthly sim) and would become a pay & go sim, which idk is even possible or not.
Message 8 of 23

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

You need a new sim which is probably in the post. They have deactivated your present sim and transferred the number so your top up should show when you get the new sim. Call them....

Message 9 of 23

MI5
  • 145426 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27931 Solutions
No, you can't use the same sim for different account types - whoever told you that was wrong.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 10 of 23