Did you mean: 

PAC codes on pay monthly contract

Newbie125
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone,

I was in a 24-month contract of a M4 Aqua phone set-up by ex-girlfriend, the phone number was originally mine but now my number is tied to her account, the contract is now up but i'm still paying monthly for the data and calls - roughly £18 a month.

I've now tried to request my PAC code so I can switch to PAYG but can not due to it being under my ex-gf account.

Eventually, I managed to get her to contact 02 to send me a PAC code, unfortunately, my phone is irreversibly broken and cannot access the text msg that contains the PAC code. 

Is there not another way to get a PAC code to be sent via email or an easier way? I rather not want to buy a phone solely to gain access to a PAC code

Apparerntly, my ex-gf has said that they do not email out PAC codes, I do not know what to do please help

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Codes are sent by text but they will also tell you when on the call or on screen if you use live chat.
You can also put your sim in any cheap phone (or borrow one if unlocked or on o2) to receive the text.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Codes are sent by text but they will also tell you when on the call or on screen if you use live chat.
You can also put your sim in any cheap phone (or borrow one if unlocked or on o2) to receive the text.
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

They show when they are in live chat or call?

Message 3 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If using live chat, they will show you on screen.
If calling, ask them to tell you what it is before they text it out to you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So the account holder being my ex would simply ask for the PAC code and they will display it (not text sms etc). Is it through the phone live chat or through any live chat portal?
Message 5 of 19

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Through live chat off this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Newbie125 wrote:
So the account holder being my ex would simply ask for the PAC code and they will display it (not text sms etc). Is it through the phone live chat or through any live chat portal?

The PAC will display on live chat or be told to you on the call, only if you request this. Creating the PAC automatically generates an SMS to the number concerned - I expect if you ask for it again before it expires (30 days) the same would apply ie the PAC would display or be told and another SMS generated. This type of thing is what SMS was originally developed for. So probably hard coded. 

Message 7 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
This is @Newbie125's second post on this same subject. See https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Trying-to-get-a-PAC-code-from-a-Pay-monthly-contract-in-an...
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
This is @Newbie125's second post on this same subject. See https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Trying-to-get-a-PAC-code-from-a-Pay-monthly-contract-in-an...

Yes @Newbie125 does seem rather keen that no SMS be generated as part of this process...

Message 9 of 19

Newbie125
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The phone is broken and I'm not sure if the sim would work on a temporary phone because it's still on a monthly contract. I've borrowed a phone from someone and I know at least it doesn't work on one phone.

That's why I do not want the PAC to be sent via text because I cannot receive it. Additionally, I do not want to be forking out on temp phones if I'm unsure that they can hold my sim card due to the size ( sim card was cut to fit the Sony M4 Aqua) 

Message 10 of 19