Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAC code tennis

stpadraig
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I used a PAC code from O2 on Tuesday to order a new sim from Talkmobile, with a number transfer set for Monday 19th June.

The new sim arrived today and I, impatiently and stupidly, went through Talkmobile’s online ‘keep my number’ online process to see if I could move the date up. At the end of their form the date selections were the same so I thought I would leave it as is.

I pressed a button called ‘cancel’ which I interpreted as ‘cancel the date change’ rather than ‘cancel the port entirely’.

I then realised I might have unintentionally done the latter. I contacted Talkmobile support to ask and they told me the port scheduled for the 19th is now stuck and cannot proceed, with some sort of “authorisation error”. They tried to raise it again and told me they can’t as the PAC’s already been used (which of course it has, by me when I bought the sim).

So I called O2 who insist everything is fine, and their systems are showing a transfer set to go ahead as scheduled. I returned to Talkmobile with this info and they insist the responsibility is O2’s to reset/reissue the PAC, else the port can’t happen. O2 insist that’s not possible/needed as it’s all showing as normal on their end.

Texting to ask for another code gives me a “there’s an issue” auto reply and a prompt to call O2.

Not knowing much about the technicalities behind this process, I'm trying to understand which network the ownership lies with this. And whether it might in fact still be scheduled to go ahead - and that possibly the Talkmobile operators are just being given a generic “already used” error response by their system.

Is anyone able to shed any light please and save me from playing customer service tennis with the two networks?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36440 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

It is possible that @O2Georgina may be able to help, but you may be stuck in Port Limbo until Tuesday as the porting process only operates weekdays. Good luck!

Message 2 of 3

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@stpadraig  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 3 of 3