cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overpaying contract

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, I had began a new contract on the 7th December 2014 and when I had agreed to it I was told that I would be receiving student discount and at the store the guru told me she would activate it and that my bill would be reduced.
However after months of me going back to store over and over again and getting different messages for over a year and being told that I would be rang back by someone yet never did, today I found out that the guru in fact did not activate my student discount and that I was supposed to do so myself, however I was never told this and if I had I would have done it straight away.
I was told today also that their would be no chance of a refund, despite being told by another guru that I would be eligible for credit and that if I wanted to end my contract I would have to pay 180 pound.
This is an absolute disgrace to have been made to wait so long to finally get some answers, this has been one of the worst customer services I have ever received and I had to repeatedly travel 25 miles to the store to try and sort this out as nobody rang me despite being told they would ring me ASAP. It has completely put me off 02 and I will be taking my service to somewhere who actually cares about the customers.
Can anyone point me in the right direction so that I can make a formal complaint?
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I can understand how you feel let down but what you have been told (belatedly) is true. You have to apply for the discount yourself within the first 30 days. Unfortunately O2 won't apply it now or refund you for the missing discounts. The best you can hope for is to make the complaint and possibly they may make a goodwill gesture by giving you some credit on your account but this is by no means a guarantee I'm afraid.

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, it's just annoying that it took them so long before they told me after I had to repeatedly go out of my way to visit them.
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123703 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7486 Solutions

Absolutely outrageous that you have been trying to get this sorted since Dec 2014. It seems rather stupid that we, customers like yourself, know the student discount has to applied within the first 30days

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Scheme...

And here for student discount...

http://www.o2.co.uk/studentoffer

Maybe irrelevant now but at least it gives you the info you should have had as a student taking out a contract slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23338 Posts
  • 1032 Topics
  • 3713 Solutions

Being as far into the contract as you are, the only recourse you really have now is to follow the link @jonsie has provided and make a formal complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 17

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Good luck with this and please come back and let us know about the outcome of your complaint. It is however crazy that you've been put through this in the first place and you have my sympathies!
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks guys, appreciate the help! I've sent a complaint email and I'm hoping I'll hear back soon. Any idea how fast they tend to get back to customers?
Message 8 of 17

MI5
  • 145612 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27962 Solutions
About a week to ten days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 9 of 17

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions