Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overdue payment

Malan34
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, today I received a message from you that my bill is unpaid. This is not true, I paid the bill on December 21 at 14.38

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23219 Posts
  • 1030 Topics
  • 3694 Solutions

@Malan34 This is not O2. This is a customer community. There were several posts from people who had issues paying on the 20th. Those issues may have spilled over.

Speak to the Payment Management Team on 0800 902 0217.

The opening times are:

Monday to Friday – 8am to 8pm

Saturday – 8am to 6pm
Sunday – 9am to 6pm

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/account-and-billing/payment-support

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Malan34 

@Malan34 

Payments can take 3-4 working days to clear on your account, so if your payment due date is the 21st and you pay on the 21st then it wont have cleared yet and with you paying at 14.38 then its a Card payment.

There was a backlog of BAC's payments on the 20th due it been an early payday, for a lot of big companies

Best thing to do is setup a direct debit and then this wont be an issue.

As @Bambino says the only people who can help are the Payment Management Team

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

Having said that there were a couple of posts on here were they did pay by Direct Debit and still got told they were overdue

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 11

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10798 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 349 Solutions

Hi @Malan34 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum 

Better contact O2 customer services here 

Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Malan34 

Payments take, as @madasaf1sh says, three or four working days to clear. Allowing for the weekend and Bank Holidays, you probably need to check this on Friday 29th ; you can check in the MyO2 app or using the MyO2 link at the top of this page :-

Oxonian_0-1703441522086.png

If your payment does not materialise, I suggest that you speak to your bank or card provider before contacting O2.

You need to ask your bank or card provider for the unique transaction identification number, which is likely to be sixteen digits in length. If you provide this to O2, they will search their accounting systems and locate your payment. It is likely to have ended up in a suspense or unidentified remittances account, or alternatively to have been credited to the account of another customer.

Message 6 of 11

MattHelm2
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've paid by DD for over a decade and 6 days later I'm still receiving an 'overdue payment' notice on my account. It even shows that the payment was successful on 22nd December with a payment ID on my account. Have called several times already and assured each time it was sorted but it still isn't. So no, changing to DD doesn't resolve the issue.

So I'm off to make my 4th call to Payment Management in as many days.

Message 7 of 11

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

I suspect it's the smooth and seamless change to the new billing system.

The mark of a good company is how they act when things go wrong. Says all we need to know about 02 these days

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 11

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

Did you manage to resolve this issue @MattHelm2 or is it still causing problems ? 

Message 9 of 11

JHare
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've come seeking advice for precisely this reason. I pay by direct debit, and today received a 'final reminder' email to pay a bill due on the 8th Dec and threatening recovery action! I can see on MyO2 that a payment has been received on this date, and I can see that the amount due was debited from my bank account as I would have expected.

I suspect it is due to the switchover to the new billing system, as when looking at accounts and billing I can see a 'closed account' that was closed on 8th December with precisely that amount showing as overdue. But the payment is shown as received against my 'open' account, which is my phone and other devices. It's very confusing. 

Message 10 of 11