Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharge

KevSmeg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have being paying the same amout each month for my contract which is £13 something but my laast bill was £28+ , what the hell. I use WiFi all the time but now they are charging me for Gifs, and imogies. The same with my Partner her bill went from £18+ to £35+ last month. What has changed? !!! Is it time to leave O2?

Kevin

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KevSmeg 

See here for mms charges Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@KevSmeg 

See here for mms charges Guide: Accidental MMS Sending and How to Avoid it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

djbsuffolk
Level 9: Fired up
  • 140 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Because you are sending media - images etc, the message is converted into an MMS and you're charged for it as they are not part of your allowances. Read the guide @MI5 posted and maybe use Whatsapp if you still want to send GIFs etc. 

Message 3 of 6

JAZZ-trad
Level 13: Prompter
  • 890 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello @KevSmeg
I hate it too when I don't realise that my photo is an extra charge. Good guide provided by MI5 hope you can organize a different way of sending your messages soon to keep the costs down.
Welcome to the o2 community forum 🙂
Message 4 of 6

Ricardo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I just verified my bills and noticed I should be paying £25 per month + VAT. I'm actually paying £31.81 + VAT. Same happening with my daughters phone. Again from £17.99 + VAT, paying £21. So with the devices a wooping £85 per month.....No Extra charges on both bills

Now with the lockdown, no customer service at all. Therefore, downsized my package in the meantime.

Hopefully this is over and will be able to have a clear explanation.

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 6 of 6