cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered new phone, date available now changed?

Sarah5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I’ve just ordered a new pay monthly phone to collect from a local store. It says it’s available today, so I chose to collect instead of paying for delivery tomorrow. Anyway on the email I received after ordering it now states it’s estimated for 4 days time?

There’s no reason for the date change, if I knew I’d have to wait a few more days I’d have ordered it for a different store which is closer.

Anyone else had this happen?
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sarah5 

Unfortunately that is common for O2 as there is no live stock system.

You are better off actually going to a store to check stock first so you can buy and walk out with your phone.

You can call other stores now to check stock and just not collect your original order which will be returned if not collected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Sarah5 

Unfortunately that is common for O2 as there is no live stock system.

You are better off actually going to a store to check stock first so you can buy and walk out with your phone.

You can call other stores now to check stock and just not collect your original order which will be returned if not collected.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10656 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hello @Sarah5 

I know there is nothing worse that expecting to collect an important item then to be

told it's not in.  

Perfect advice from @MI5 

Let us know if you have managed to get your phone quickly ~

Best wishes and Welcome to the O2 Forum  Welcome

Join in sometimes with us on the  Off Topic discussions etc., when you can.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 3