cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order on Line and it does not arrive

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is got to be the icing on the cake, I placed an order on the 8th March on line for the Nokia X6 and i requested a delivery date of the 15th March, The order was acccepted and date that i choose from the available dates was accepted and all i needed to do was take a complete day off from work and wait from 8am till 5 pm, Yes you guessed it the delivery did not happen. Thats not the end of this saga, i phoned 02 at 7pm on the 15th to ask where my order was and i was told that because i ordered online there is no facility to tell the customer that the X6 is currently out of stock, so this large corporate company cost me an entire day of loss of earnings because something as simple as putting on the stock availability on the web page did not happen, the consolation prize was i was told if i had picked up the phone and placed my order the old fashion way the person would have told me they was out of stock
I still have no idea when my phone will arrive so i am only going to know when some delivery driver turns up and finds no one is at home. what type of company is o2 to allow this to happen to new customers, if i could have cancelled the order i would have walked away as i am disgusted with O2
Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I told them to cancel the order and i was told i could not and would have to take reciept of the phone and then send it back, O2 just gets better
Message 2 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Now that i have come down from the ceiling i can see why they dont show you stock availabilty on the on line shop its because they are worried if they dont have a phone and the competitor do they will lose business, which in my book is called sharp practice and i am going to take this to watch dog as its clearly not the best way to treat new customers 😞
Message 3 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I told them to cancel the order and i was told i could not and would have to take reciept of the phone and then send it back, O2 just gets better

I was shocked at the original post, but this one takes the absolute biscuit!

What a load of nonsense.

O2's system people need sacking! I suppose it is not any worse than the system forcing me to change my address to one that doesn't exist.

If this had happened to me, I would still be on the ceiling, fair play to you.

I hate waiting in for the elusive courier van.
Message 4 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, and after i thought about the way i have been treated i am back on the ceiling agin, lol
I think the bit that sticks in my throat is they wont let me cancel and they wont let me know the delivery date so caught between a rock and a hard place, i am just debating to take a contract with another phone supplier and do the right thing and send back the phone or decline delivery the only down side is not sure how the others fair up against 02
Message 5 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply, and after i thought about the way i have been treated i am back on the ceiling agin, lol
I think the bit that sticks in my throat is they wont let me cancel and they wont let me know the delivery date so caught between a rock and a hard place, i am just debating to take a contract with another phone supplier and do the right thing and send back the phone or decline delivery the only down side is not sure how the others fair up against 02

I am just shocked that this can happen in the UK.

I feel as if I am back in France where this kind of nonsense is the norm. If it makes you feel any better I foolishly ordered camping equipment from the UK on the 29th of July. It arrived in France on the 1st of August then it suddenly got lost at the Fedex depot. It was declared lost until the 2nd of September when it remarkably turned up. I should have known, France goes on holiday in August and everything stops. The French have no idea about customer service, I am trying to keep the faith with the UK.
Message 6 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know, the OP would not be able to cancel if the phone had been despatched. So perhaps its the case that the phone has been despatched, not delivered by the courier and there are now none left in stock.
Its a bit difficult to tell what's happened, especially as the OPs duplicate posts tell the story differently.
What I would do, is CLEARLY write down what happened and send it to the complaints review service. I can imagine its frustrating to wait in all day, but the only way to get it sorted is to take a calm, clear, level headed approach.
Incidentally, excellent choice of handset and I hope you are soon enjoying it.
Message 7 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
As far as I know, the OP would not be able to cancel if the phone had been despatched. So perhaps its the case that the phone has been despatched, not delivered by the courier and there are now none left in stock.
Its a bit difficult to tell what's happened, especially as the OPs duplicate posts tell the story differently.
What I would do, is CLEARLY write down what happened and send it to the complaints review service. I can imagine its frustrating to wait in all day, but the only way to get it sorted is to take a calm, clear, level headed approach.Incidentally, excellent choice of handset and I hope you are soon enjoying it.

Seconded!!! It should already be done by now!
Message 8 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
What I would do, is CLEARLY write down what happened and send it to the complaints review service. I can imagine its frustrating to wait in all day, but the only way to get it sorted is to take a calm, clear, level headed approach.
Incidentally, excellent choice of handset and I hope you are soon enjoying it.

And it is not an iPhone....... but it is a Nokia! wink
Message 9 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am in exactly the same situation as yourself.. I ordered the x6 on the 10th march and asked for it to be delivered on the 12th. It didn't arrive i spoke to customer service and the woman said it was out of stock but should have them in by Monday 15th. I phoned back that day to be told the same thing and that it should be with me in 3-5 days. I was also told i should of received an out of stock email the day i placed my order which never came. I've been an o2 PAYG customer for 8yrs and wish now that i didn't apply for pay monthly.
Message 10 of 37