cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation emails being sent to o2.co.uk email address

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 order confirmation emails are being sent to an o2.co.uk email address which I don't have access to. They are also copied to the email address I use as my My O2 user name, but I don't want them to go to a mailbox which I can't access. Customer service couldn't find the o2.co.uk email address in their system when I asked them to check. Is this a system problem? How do I raise an IT ticket or similar?

Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can change your email address in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 under "manage my details"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Call them again or use this to escalate a complaint 

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Message 2 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You can change your email address in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2 under "manage my details"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous Why is customer service telling you that they can't find the o2.co.uk email address in their system? O2 email doesn't exist any longer. It hasn't for some time now. Why would customer service tell you this? They must know the email service has been shut down. This doesn't make any sense.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It shouldn't make any difference - it's just the email registered to the account. Who knows why CS say half the stuff they do these days!!

Currently using:
Message 5 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

It really does amaze me that CS says what they say some times, and that we as customers have to unravel the mess they make of things.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Just another night on the forum LOL

Currently using:
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
How do you get a text phone app for me as I have a very bad speech impediment and on times cannot talk at all what is the best app or phone for a person like me
Message 8 of 16

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

I replied to you here @Anonymous

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Speech-to-text-phones/m-p/1031772#M50623

Currently using:
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

My main email address is shown as my username on My O2, its not changed since I joined O2 and its not an o2.co.uk address. The order confirmation email was sent to both addresses.

It gets better: The order confirmation email said to address any queries to mycare@o2mail.co.uk, so I asked them the same question. I got an autoresponse saying that they have shut down their email support service. Why haven't they updated their email templates?

Message 10 of 16