cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange keep sending unwanted txts, do o2 as well

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All

I have been with Orange Pay as you go for about 8 years, for the last 3 years I have started getting unwanted texts from them telling me that I only needed to top up to be entered into a certain competition etc etc etc .. I wrote to the C.E.0 to complain as I have tried in vein to get this stopped, the office contacted me ( Amanda from the Executive office ) but the background noise sounded like customer relation noise, she sympathised with me and said she would contact me with news, I hoped that this would stop

A few days later she told me that my details revealed that because back in December 2008 I topped up with £50.00 that triggered some particular option that could not stop the txts .. I think this is TOTAL rubbish .. can anybody tell me do o2 have a NO TXT contact option .. if not does any other decent network pay as you go provider do it .. can I take my mobile number with me ?? your help would be much appreciated

Corrie .. London UK
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can ask O2 to set your marketing preferences, such that you don't receive marketing texts/calls.

Having said that, O2 actually send very few messages. I haven't opted out and have received only one this year, offering me 4 free SIMs.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for that reply

The other issue is with migrating my phone number away from Orange to o2 .. are there any special precautions I need to take as I would like a smooth transfer to take place ... does anybody have any horrer stories i.e missed calls or txts

Thanking you in advance
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
The two things to ensure a smooth port of your number are:

Follow the instructions
Don't interfere in the process. (ie. Don't try testing things out to see which phone is doing what)

The best way to proceed is, when your Orange service switches off then turn off your phone and take out the Orange SIM. Put your new SIM in and try not to touch the phone for several hours. It can take a few hours for everything to sort itself out.

Orange and O2 are both good at porting.
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks for ALL your help and advise
Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
One last point on porting my phone .. do I need to trf all my contacts to my phone rather than have them stored on my SIM card which they are currently stored

As I understand it my OLD Orange SIM card becomes null and void once the porting takes place

Thanks
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
any help with my last question ??
Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85876 Posts
  • 592 Topics
  • 4640 Solutions
One last point on porting my phone .. do I need to trf all my contacts to my phone rather than have them stored on my SIM card which they are currently stored
As I understand it my OLD Orange SIM card becomes null and void once the porting takes place
Thanks

Any information stored on the sim card will be lost, so, yes save them to the phone or back them up on your PC. Once the number has been disconnected by Orange from their network, then that sim will be null and void, as you assume.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Many Thanks
Message 9 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85876 Posts
  • 592 Topics
  • 4640 Solutions
Message 10 of 10