Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Discount

KathC
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've been receiving a civil service discount on my airtime plan since January. Last week i noticed that it was showing on my bolt ons as expiring on 9 Nov. Staff at 2 O2 shops told me they have never known a discount to have an expiry date & it should remain in place until i change airtime plans. O2 chat claim i don't have an expiry date on my account and it will continue yet when i have logged on this evening the discount has gone. Has anyone else had the same issue?
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@KathC I've had a response on your query and the O2 Open runs for the duration of your device plan and as such will have an expiry date. 

It's detailed in the terms and conditions but the relevant section is below. 

1.4. The Offer is either:
    1.4.1. 25% discount on Airtime Plans with 3GB or more of inclusive data per month for the duration of your Device Plan; or
    1.4.2. 15% discount on Airtime Plans with less than 3GB of inclusive data per month for the duration of your Device Plan, when you purchase a Qualifying Contract (as defined in Section 4) (an “Airtime Discount”).

If you have any further questions please let me know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@KathC 

What you are being told is correct.

Your discount should not expire and would normally only end when you upgraded at which point you just reapply for it.

I suggest you now call customer service on 202 around 8.00am is the best time, to find out where yours has gone..

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 16

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Sadly it does expire. It gets cancelled once 36 months have passed on your account (ie the longest you can take to clear the device plan)
Message 3 of 16

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@PhoneChanger wrote:
Sadly it does expire. It gets cancelled once 36 months have passed on your account (ie the longest you can take to clear the device plan)

It doesn't at it's discount off airtime, not device  and the OP only started in January.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 16

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@PhoneChanger wrote:

It doesn't at it's discount off airtime, not device  and the OP only started in January.

@MI5 

Screenshot 20**Personal info** at 08.14.44.png

Message 5 of 16

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Well that's certainly a new one on me, however, doesn't change the fact that the OP has only had contract since January, so should not be ending in November.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hi @KathC did you get a change to speak to customer services about the disappearing bolton? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 16

KathC
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've had a nightmare getting through on the phone. Ended up chatting to someone on the in app chat opt. Received 2 replies which are the opposite of each other. Am very unhappy with the latest response and am cosidering making an official complaint.
Message 8 of 16

KathC
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi Martin-O2 I've had a nightmare getting through on the phone. Ended up chatting to someone on the in app chat opt. Received 2 replies which are the opposite of each other. Am very unhappy with the latest response and am cosidering making an official complaint.
Message 9 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Martin-O2?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 16