Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old mobile number

Mt3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there anyway someone can assess my old number, I need a code that Facebook have sent but obviously can access it, I need to assess my business account but can't. Please help 

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Mt3 

Not possible, sorry.

Your number will be either disconnected and awaiting allocation to someone else or will have already been allocated to another customer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Mt3 

Not possible, sorry.

Your number will be either disconnected and awaiting allocation to someone else or will have already been allocated to another customer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Tillyp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I have the same problem and it’s so stressful! All of my accounts for different things have my old number on and I have 2FA set up! If you happen to find a solution please let me know. Going by the comments I’ve seen on here though I think I will just have to keep trying my old number (It’s still saying not recognised) until it’s re allocated and I just hope they are nice and give me the codes it sends 😂

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10199 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Tillyp 

There is no physical way for o2 to get those codes, as they will just be discarded, as the number no longer exists in o2's number database as active. 

Best solution is NOT to use sms for 2FA but the likes of Google Authenticator or MS Authenticator Apps, or if you can't contact each company, and they an reset your 2FA

You could be waiting a long time for the number to be reallocated....

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 4