cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ON 02 via Car Phone Warehouse - Want to swap to Simplicity S

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

A friend of mine is with O2 but her contract is via Car Phone Warehouse. Her contract period has expired and is considering to switching to one of the Simplicity SIM options you do, ( I have moved over to it myself, but im direct with 02 ) which I have to say is perfect for me.

She would like to keep her mobile device, her number and NOT have to sign up to a fixed long term contract, so a rolling 30 days / 1 month would be perfect, such as a Simpicity SIM only option.

She has spoken to CPWH and they said they couldnt do it , but do a simular sort of deal... I dont like the sound of that and would rather she just go direct.

Is this possible? If she was to call your customer services, could this be done and have her sim switched over at NO extra cost?

Many thanks

IXL
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry but this is a user forum and O2 don't post here. Someone might come along who know's the answer but if you want the official O2 responce will have to get in touch with O2 customer services!
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
All your friend needs to do is first of all get her PAC code from Carphone Warehouse, their number is 0870 442 0380.
Then she just needs to take out the new simplicity contract of her choice online, in store or over the phone with o2. Once she's done this she provides o2 with the PAC code which transfers the number and will automatically cancel her account with Carphone Warehouse.
If your friend takes her new simplicity out online or over the phone she'll get double the number of texts than a simplicity from a store.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
If your friend is on o2's billing systems then she can just upgrade through o2, tell her to go to an o2 store to check. If not then she will have to go down the PAC route.

CPW can upgrade to simo but they may be chasing the commission they get from a contract.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone... Sorry I thought it was a bit like the Vodafone one I use ( for work ) where users post and actual network moderators actually help out, I didnt realise it was user only...

However thank you for your replies.. its much appreciated. CPWH wanted to charge her a £20 fee just to swap over her contract.... :mansurprised:

So I think your right and its best to do it direct and get the pac code etc..

Thanks !!
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 85688 Posts
  • 591 Topics
  • 4585 Solutions
CPWH wanted to charge her a £20 fee just to swap over her contract.... :mansurprised:
So I think your right and its best to do it direct and get the pac code etc..
Thanks !!

Yes stay away from the Carphone Cowboys !
Message 6 of 6