Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2

LWM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - hoping you can help with a query. I have  a monthly contract with o2 which has expired. I found a good deal from Mobile Phones Direct for a new phone and O2 bundle. It arrived yesterday and I thought it would be straightforward to cancel the existing contract and transfer my number to the new contact. Went online and rang 202 but was told this was not possible. Something to do with me not going down the upgrade route and having a new contract on the same O2 account? The only advice they could provide was to return the new phone and cancel the contract within the 14 day cool down period! Any advice would be gratefully appreciated as I’m currently paying two contracts! 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6609 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Technically you should be able to migrate your old number across

See Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If not you will need to get a PAC code for the old number and move it to a throw away PAYG SIM on another network then, when the number has moved get another PAC to transfer to your new contract

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6609 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Technically you should be able to migrate your old number across

See Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

If not you will need to get a PAC code for the old number and move it to a throw away PAYG SIM on another network then, when the number has moved get another PAC to transfer to your new contract

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 3

LWM
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That’s really helpful thank you! After trying all afternoon to get the number migrated over think I’ll try your suggestion to use a PAYG sim from another provider. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3