cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 texts to sim only

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm with O2 on a sim only contract, a couple of my friends are on O2 pay and go. Would I be right in telling them that texts to other O2 customers are free if they're going to someone with an O2 sim only contract or does that only apply to customers who are on a monthly plan? I don't want to tell my friend to keep texting me because it's free as I'm also on O2 and then for her to incur charges.

Thanks for any help.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Texts will only be free if they are included as part of your tariff.

So on contract most are now unlimited except for cheapest deals. On payg if you have a bundle then again these are included up to the allowance.

Where o2 to o2 is included then it is all o2 numbers.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Texts will only be free if they are included as part of your tariff.

So on contract most are now unlimited except for cheapest deals. On payg if you have a bundle then again these are included up to the allowance.

Where o2 to o2 is included then it is all o2 numbers.
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way of doing things is both of you checking what sms allowance you get. In your case, just log on to My o2 and check if ur on unlimited or not.If you are not it will tell u what you have. Your friends on pay and go can ring 4444 free and choose option 2 twice and it will tell them what bundle they are on and if any sms are included.Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 3 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123046 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I am on O2 contract.....Five family members are on O2 PAYG on tariffs that include free o2 to O2 minutes etc

They can even ring me from the UK when I am in Spain...and it costs them nothing...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
They can check their allowances in myo2 & it will tell them if it's free or not
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks to you all for your help. I'll let my friend know, ask her to check her allowance and what's included on my O2. I'm okay as I do get unlimited calls and texts anyway.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Your welcome @Anonymous
Message 7 of 8

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Hi there,

The person you're texting needs to check if their texts are included in any bundles or tariff they currently have. If as u say, they've got free o2 to o2 texts then yes they'll be free to your number as you're on o2.

Hope this helps,

Charlie.
Message 8 of 8