cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 taking money from my pay as you go phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have 2 phones one only text messages which is pay as you go and the other monthly so why have O2 decided to take a pound from my pay as you go phone every couple of days for web services it's on wifi you idiots so now I won't add funds to this phone just in case they carry on taking money off. Before you ask I haven't got any bolt ons or anything else so what gives them the right to take money.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Idiots?
Turn off mobile data and it can't connect any other way that wifi.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi this comes up quite a lot you need to switch off mobile data then you will not be charged
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Snap
Message 4 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 phones one only text messages which is pay as you go and the other monthly so why have O2 decided to take a pound from my pay as you go phone every couple of days for web services it's on wifi you idiots so now I won't add funds to this phone just in case they carry on taking money off. Before you ask I haven't got any bolt ons or anything else so what gives them the right to take money.

If your phone connects to the internet you will always be charged, it's your responsibility to either turn data on and off as you need it.

Your phone manual should explain how to do this if you don't know.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 5 of 5