Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 proof of usage is not accurate.

KRB78
Level 1: Joiner
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Need proof of usage for an insurance claim but o2 have gave me a report saying I last used my phone a full week before its last usage, making my insurance claim void. 
 I’m now looking for ways to prove this, I made calls, sent photos, and messages (which they didn’t seem to log!!!). All of them would have used date as no Wi-Fi in the remote locations. 
 Since o2 are not giving accurate usage, I need to find ways to prove it. I’ve printed out photos from my mums phone with my number and the date and time, also my brothers call log. Can anyone advise on the next steps I should take?   This is a nightmare, I’ve spent a lot of time on the phone and writing emails about this. O2 seems to have really let me down 

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@KRB78 

Have you tried messaging O2 on social media?

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 31

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36669 Posts
  • 236 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

This may need help from the Forum Manager, @Dave-O2 - it is not the first time the details on a PoU from O2 have been inaccurate, @KRB78 

Dave is off today, but should be back tomorrow, so look out for a reply from him and a PM here on the forum asking for more info so he can follow up.

Good luck!

Message 3 of 31

KRB78
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I think I’ve figured out a way to prove the photos I sent my mum were taken with my lost iPhone . I am lucky that I sent photos the same day as I lost the phone, even though o2 are saying I didn’t use my phone I think if my mum can click the info icon and her iPhone will then give information of which phone took the photo, and we can use that to prove o2s usage report is flawed. I’m not sure this will work with photos from WhatsApp though. Racking my brains on how to go about this, will be offering the story to a newspaper before going to ombudsman. They must do this many times and it would be a story that could reopen many insurance claims

Message 4 of 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145204 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@KRB78 

It will tell you what type of phone sent the picture, ie iPhone 11 Pro, but no IMEI or other identifiable data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 31

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23265 Posts
  • 1031 Topics
  • 3700 Solutions

KRB78
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ok so I’ll have that combined with the WhatsApp printouts of the pics with my phone number , dates, and time, and a garmin map showing where I was at that time- the middle of a loch in rural Perthshire. Starting to make some progress anyway. Also got similar proof from the previous days phone usage

Message 7 of 31

Oxonian
Level 30: Meditator
  • 6609 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@KRB78 

Please bear in mind that you have to go through O2's internal complaints' procedure before you can refer the matter to the Ombudsman :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf (o2.co.uk)

https://www.o2.co.uk/documents/456036/4246828/Customer+Complaints+code+250523.pdf

If you have not already complained, you need to carefully consider whether or not to do so at this time. If you complain, you are likely to find that other O2 teams are either unable or unwilling to engage with you. And as it is currently taking O2 up to eight weeks to investigate and respond to complaints, you might find that lodging a formal complain actually delays resolution. 

If you need further help, please ask ! 👍

Message 8 of 31

KRB78
  • 25 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks I will probably need more help , have been complaining to o2 since the moment the insurance company pointed out o2’s usage report had conflicted the last time I told them I’d used my phone. So far they have been responsive but they have not updated the report, so it seems like it is just very wrong, by a full week! I can’t understand how that can be. I use my phone for work so it would have regular data use, when I’m out and about. I don’t often make regular calls nowadays, it’s all WhatsApp but as I’m often out of range of any Wi-Fi that should not be a problem for proving it was used on my o2 data, you would think?!.  I’m really hoping this is going to be resolved soon, it’s been 2 weeks . I’m using an old iPhone now,  the one I lost was an iPhone 15 pro max 1tb! 

Message 9 of 31

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10316 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@KRB78 

If used for work does your employer install any MDM software or any apps on the phone that they manage?? 

Also why not use your bill that gets generated as that will show usage and also dates and times.. 

What exactly are the insurance company asking for?  what Data Fields?  as normally it is just a proof that you bought the phone, so to me it sounds like either they don't want to pay or they suspect foul play.. As most insurance companies just want a proof of purchase, and not a call logs.. As o2 will only provide that with a sim card number and IMEI via a court order.. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 31