cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 price rise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice one O2, so all your pre january customers can go blow but any new customers are protected by the Ofcom ruling? I've had two contract phones with you for years but you really know how to (edited) on people! Last time I'll bother with your service and I'll cancel asap.

Hope you enjoy the extra couple of percent you get from me (for now)

Extremely annoyed customer

Message 1 of 58
57 REPLIES 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel your frustration.

If you use the search bar you will see other like minded customers.

If you intend to move networks then a few tips.

Unlock your phone to all networks as its free to contract customers and can be requested at anytime.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Check out the alternative networks service signals by using payg sims for a week or so where you live, work and commute.

Message 2 of 58

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144451 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
No, new customers don't get any protection either since O2 amended their T&C's.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here we are (Again) with another price rise from O2. Iv been a Tesco Mobile customer for over 5 years, and O2 now in my second year. And yes, Tesco use O2s network, so why the increase? when Tesco Mobile remains at there current pricing and have for the past number of years. I feel they are very customer focused in offering GREAT VALUE, where O2 just seem to shaft there customers for more money.(My Second rise in just 12 months). One thing i will agree with O2. In your explanation email on why an increase is nessasary. you state "the cost of everything is going up"...Thats fact!

It seems to me an excuse to use the RPI to increase your prices. My thoughts again and I will repeat. If Tesco Mobile can retain there current pricing. Why can't O2???

This is one customer that will be cancellling either before contract end date or on!!

Message 4 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

good news today,was my sons birthday and meeting up with friends and family,well to cut a long story short i am an ex employee and was refreshing to hear at least 20 people i got discount through friends and family are also fed up with the price hikes so therefore they are currently in the frame of mind that when tommorrow comes they will be checking their cancelation date

Message 5 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hope all works out for them with whatever they choose to do.

Message 6 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm thorougly disgusted, no mention of this when I spoke to them less than a month ago to upgrade my tarriff.

You've blown in this time, all the members of our household will not be upgrading next time round. Nice one !!
Message 7 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

well i work for vodafone now and have the option of giving them F+F through tem if they decide to move m8

slight_smile

Message 8 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happy days then.

wink
Message 9 of 58

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm thorougly disgusted, no mention of this when I spoke to them less than a month ago to upgrade my tarriff.

You've blown in this time, all the members of our household will not be upgrading next time round. Nice one !!

To be fair, customer facing staff didn't know until a couple of days before, and were forbidden to discuss it until it was announced.

Message 10 of 58