Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 price match USwitch deal?

Earthperson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Uswitch offering O2 contact that makes most sense for my usage (12 mth, 4GB pm, u'l text, mins @ £6pm). I'd like to move to this O2 contract.

Happy with using USwitch for O2 contacts - contract is with O2 and all works well

Would be easier for me (and likely O2!) if O2 just matched this offer and I didnt have to go through the hassle of switching to a new O2 SIM. 

Anybody had joy with getting O2 to match a USwitch/O2 deal?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144467 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Earthperson 

There's no need for a new sim.

If you follow the USwitch deal it will take you to O2 to buy and the new contract will be updated on your current sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6620 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1489 Solutions

Unlikely. These are special offers with the likes of U Switch and are designed to hook new customers onto the network. O2 will make very little profit from them (if at all) once they have paid commission.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144467 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

@Earthperson 

There's no need for a new sim.

If you follow the USwitch deal it will take you to O2 to buy and the new contract will be updated on your current sim card.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Earthperson
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - your description of what happens is correct. WIthin 2 hours of completing the Uswitch purchase I now have the Uswitch deal on my original number without having to change SIM or make any other changes

Unfortunately the correct solution (as you described) is not what the agent on the O2 chat service outlined (they said that I would need to get new SIM/number and contact them to transfer to original number - wrong!) 

Yet another lack of knowledge from the channel that O2 promotes to solve customer questions

I now have a question about the transfer of my Volt benefits to new O2 contract - see new post

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144467 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27682 Solutions

Unfortunately that's typical of CS these days..... Glad you're sorted @Earthperson 

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Cob4lt
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you call O2 directly with the deal details, their sales team will do their best to match the deal

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36028 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1595 Solutions

@Cob4lt wrote:

If you call O2 directly with the deal details, their sales team will do their best to match the deal

If you are lucky, @Cob4lt - the deal is usually "if you can get it cheaper elsewhere, you lose Refresh benefits, and you cannot avail of Switch Up, and it will be 24month max (O2 offer up to 36months), and yes, your phone might work out cheaper after cashback... - if that is ok, then go elsewhere. Otherwise take what we offer, with higher device cost, longer airtime term (if you are not careful!) and be thankful!".

uSwitch, affordablemobiles, mobilephonesdirect - those offers are the best and are rarely beaten by O2. Good luck!

Message 7 of 7