Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open

Paul820
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How does the text code work? I have sent the text a few times, OPEN followed by my employer name to 61202 but I have not received any information back. Does it take a while for it to come through?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36150 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You can put *0# in front of your message to check it gets out from your phone:

eg:

*0#NUMBER  sent to 2020 should come back with a send confirmation instantly, then with your mobile number after a couple of minutes, @Paul820 

My test of

*0#OPEN NHS  went out earlier, but nothing came back... and still nothing even now.

Sound like you need to be poking O2 via Social Media about it, link below has the ways - and keep nudging them every so often, it took from sometime Thursday until about 8am on a Sunday before I got someone who had time to work on my issue, but it was resolved very quickly thereafter.

Good luck!

Message 11 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Paul820 

You need to reach out to the rewards and recognition team at Tesco, as they will have the correct codes in place, no one at o2 will give these to you. 

If your R&R team dont know what they are then you need to look at something like perks at work or perkjam, which is your R&R platform..

These codes do change and it could be its not filtered down to your store yet, ours changes at every renewal of the Enterprise Agreement.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 12 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have just tried the *0# for delivery notifications and I received a delivery notification instantly saying it was successfully received to 61202.

Why do we need a 5 digit employer code anyway? We have to be verified through company email or payslip, seems like an extra unneeded step.

Message 13 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for your reply, we have an app staff can access for pretty much everything that we need plus discounts and benefits, unfortunately after a thorough search nothing is mentioned in the rewards and discounts section about O2 Open. I have sent an internal message asking about it but they don't work weekends.

Message 14 of 20

pgn
  • 36150 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

The last time I tried the Perks At Work code some years back, it failed to work at all on the O2 Open claim side. It seems there can be delays in the application of changes in the process, both on the employers' and on O2's sides.  Good luck, @Paul820 and thanks for confirming, @madasaf1sh.

Message 15 of 20

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10229 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

@Paul820 

If it isnt in the rewards portal then it may have been removed, to encourage staff to spend with Tesco Mobile rather than with o2.. 

Have you asked on the Tesco Reddit??

This is our portal (blanked out our code)..

madasaf1sh_0-1713636731168.png

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 16 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

The O2 store confirmed Tesco are still part of O2 open, giving me paper instructions but without the code.

I posted on Reddit yesterday but the only reply I got asking about the O2 Open code was that Tesco Mobile would have been cheaper... Lol so after a few hours of getting no other replies I deleted the post.

Message 17 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I got the 5 digit company code from another staff member and I'm now registered. Phew.

Message 18 of 20

pgn
  • 36150 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Well done @Paul820.

I gave up on O2 Open ages ago as it was cheaper, assuming you never want to cancel mid-contract, to get phone and tariff from a reseller - MPD or Affordablemobiles (now both AO Group companies), Phones4U (defunct), etc, and not bother with the O2 Open code malarkey.

Message 19 of 20

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123095 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7472 Solutions

@Paul820 wrote:

I got the 5 digit company code from another staff member and I'm now registered. Phew.

At last! Good to hear @Paul820 👍

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 20