Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 open

Paul820
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

How does the text code work? I have sent the text a few times, OPEN followed by my employer name to 61202 but I have not received any information back. Does it take a while for it to come through?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123369 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Paul820 

No it should be instant.
haave you followed the info in this guide? Guide: O2 Open & Friends and Family discounts - How to sign up 

If you need extra help contact O2 Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, thank you for replying. Yeah I have text OPEN TESCO with and without the space and it hasn't sent anything back. I have only just upgraded today could that be the problem? Also I am heading into my work now so I could ask there if anyone knows the code for applying.

Message 3 of 20

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

@Paul820 

`Ask your HR dept. They should know the code.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 4 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Right I have been in and asked and no-one has a clue what I'm talking about 😭 wonder if calling customer service they can help me with it.

Message 5 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I haven't put my SIM into the new phone yet though, if it's because of that I'm sorry haha

Message 6 of 20

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions

Shouldn't make any difference @Paul820 

Try customer service but not sure how much help they will be.

Social media might be best. Links in the guide posted above by @Cleoriff 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the pointers everyone 🤩

Message 8 of 20

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36494 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

@Paul820 - check your outbound message is not stuck in a "sending" state in your SMS messaging app!

My attempts to test the 61202 SMS service failed yesterday, my journey of discovery to "fix" this on my Android handset is now documented for posterity in the last post (at this time!) on this handy Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

If your SMS app is stuck in a send loop, you can cancel the send and retry - sometimes force-closing the app and clearing cache can help clear whatever logjam exists. Otherwise check your SMS app is not trying to prepend +44 (or similar) to the short-code... mine was, and nothing I did could change it... until I chanced upon:

pgn_0-1713626516990.png

(Reddit to the rescue, again! - Check near the end of the responses to Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) )

I can now report that sending "INFO TESCO", "INFO NHS" (which has previously worked!) to 61202 is not returning any answers so far, waiting more than 40mins now.

Good luck, @Paul820.

Message 9 of 20

Paul820
  • 19 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, thank you for any advice but unfortunately everything I have tried hasn't worked.

- Uninstalled updates to Google Messages before attempting to sort the O2 open discount.

- Tried the Samsung Messages app.

- Tried another messages app from the Play Store.

- Tried different combinations for my employer name.

-Messages to 61202 appear to be sending, there is usually input from the phone if anything has failed to send.

Nothing is working for me, I have text what the website asks an embarrassingly huge amount of times and not once have I received any information. Any sort of social media is just asking me to go to my employer and as no body seems to know from there what O2 open is, I think it mustn't be a well used discount.

I even tried using the old short code that was used for O2 Open in the past, which is replying back to me fine telling me to use the new service that obviously doesn't work.

Message 10 of 20