Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 network status text messages

DavidA
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've just come off a fairly fruitless webchat with O2 about a text message I have received advising me of work planned around my postcode:

O2: Just to say, there's work planned around [POSTCODE] over the next few days. It may affect your signal, but once it's done you'll have a faster, smarter, stronger network. See more http://s.o2.co.uk/Status/tw5Ssv

The problem is I moved at the beginning of December and the alert is about my old postcode. As I'm no longer there, I'm not so interested in work that may affect the signal there. If anything I want alerts about my new postcode! The text message doesn't provide information on how to update the alert or unsubscribe from it.

The chap I was dealing with didn't exactly fill me with confidence that he really understood the problem - he just kept confirming to me that my address had been updated, and pointing me to My O2 so I could see for myself. I know my address has been updated - I did it myself when I moved.

I assume the system which sends these alerts can sometimes be a little out-of-date; perhaps it's only updated with customer address changes every couple of months.

Can anyone here put my mind at ease? Will these alerts eventually reflect my new address? Is there any way I can find out for certain?

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
From info I've read these systems update once every 3 months.
As you have updated your address the system should catch up on the next refresh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would circumvent live chat and speak to O2 Customer Services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus via phone.

Is your location services turned on in your phone so you can be tracked to your area.

Using your new postcode is Input your Full PostCode here to check your local Masts -> http://status.o2.co.uk {If a mast shows an issue a customer can now ask Customer Services to keep them updated on its Status via Text or eMail} should give you clear updates.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 144447 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
As you have updated your address the system should catch up on the next refresh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

DavidA
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

That's exactly the sort of information I was after, thanks. The customer service guys really should have been able to tell me this though.

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
In that case you won't have to wait long as it will be updated in February or March at the latest
Message 5 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122985 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@DavidA wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

That's exactly the sort of information I was after, thanks. The customer service guys really should have been able to tell me this though.

They were probably hoping you would come here though @DavidA  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 93250 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

great advice MI5! slight_smile

Message 8 of 8