Did you mean: 

O2 messed up porting my number - its now lost forever

DaveHHH1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I moved from Plusnet to O2 as it was competitive price and sadly plusnet were to be no longer. I noticed when I arrived to O2 the 4g was really really slow. My number from plusnet was successfully ported over to O2. I was still in my 14 day cooling off period with O2 so I decided to leave and move to ee.

On 09/06/2023 - I was told by 02 I would need to speak to customer services to not incur the 66 pound fee for the rest of my contract. My service was cancelled AND I was given a PAC code. I asked NUMEROUS times if the PAC code would work despite my service about to be cancelled "yes no problem" I was told by someone called Sissy. Received a  case number.

My new SIM from ee arrived on 13/06/2023 and I plopped it in of course on signup I asked for my old number to be ported over. It wasn't.

15/06/2023 - EE assurred me the PAC code is invalid as they can't port a number if the service is expired and to speak to 02. EE customer service was very helpful and said they would call me back later after I speak to O2 and they have maintained contact.

15/06/2023 - Called O2 numerous times and finally got through to someone who just put me back to the switchboard. Eventually got through someone named Anket who managed to get my O2 service renewed after explaining the PAC code won't work as the service was disconnected. I was assurred that in 24hours my 02 service would be back and I would get a PAC code to give to ee.

Later same day my 02 service came to life so my original number DID exist somewhere - some hope. I tried to get a PAC code via text and nothing happened. Called O2 again, this time was told that a new PAC code can't be generated UNTIL the current one is cancelled. Was put on hold for 20 minutes and told that a new PAC code can't be generated at this time but I will get a new one tomorrow. Received another case number saying they would call me back tomorrow to ensure the service is ok and a new PAC code was issued.

3 hours later around 16:00 I notice my O2 service is disconnected - no way they can call me back on that number they said they would.  So I call O2 AGAIN of course on a different number.

AFTER another hour on the phone I am told that my original no longer resides with O2 and EE have it. O2 said 'they must have initiated the port as we don't have it'.

EE don't have it. The PAC code never worked for them and they didn't port it over.

O2 have said there is nothing they can do have asked me to reboot a bunch of times this does nothing.

EE have said there is nothing they can do, the port code did not work for them all these days.

I depended on that phone number for a number of things including my mother's care home who are no longer able to call me, not to mention all of my 2FA systems I need the phone for.

I mean how incompetent of O2 to lose my number like this. 

Awful service and a very angry ex customer.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36548 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Strange, as the number is not usually decommissioned until several weeks have passed, @DaveHHH1 - unless you submitted a STAC instead of a PAC. Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] or Guide: Migration & porting into O2 explains each.

Message 2 of 4

DaveHHH1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No it was a PAC code but as I say O2 are now saying number has been ported and nothing they can do. Spent all day on phone with them yesterday. Today will have to spend all day updating my number to this new one all because of O2s incompetence 

Message 3 of 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36548 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1623 Solutions

Here is how to complain about O2, @DaveHHH1 - https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Scroll down a ways to

Screenshot_20230616-052432.png

https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5

They seem to be the best at getting results, although it takes a few weeks. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4