Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 is a disaster

UnableToDisplay
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've decided to renew my sim only contract, this time for next 24 months. I did it by phone because chat option is no longer available despite O2 representatives telling it is. On the last Monday I decided to go with

30GBData with unlimited minutes and texts for £15.00. In my previous plan I had "International Bolt On" for £1 (regular price is £3). I explicitly asked O2 representative this to be ported to my renewed contract. Unfortunately I found that instead of "International Bolt On" I have "Standard Rates in our Europe Zone Bolt On" for £0. No idea what it is as the roaming is already included in this plan. I thought I could enable this bolt by myself but it then costs £3. I've made another call yesterday and the O2 person told me that he need to cancel the previous contract and renew it again to fix this. Today I have received a text saying that O2 has completed my tariff change and guess what? No "International Bolt On". Now I am over an hour hanging on the line to third person take the commission for renewing the contract. This is an absolute joke. I don't know maybe I should take a day off and go to the nearest O2 shop, do they have competent people working there?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@UnableToDisplay 

Contact numbers here but phones are very busy Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

8.00am is a good time to call before the rush.

When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@UnableToDisplay 

I'd try social media first......

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

UnableToDisplay
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So they care only if you complain on their social media, WTF is this? I don't have FB, Twitter or Instagram, does this mean I can't get any support from O2?

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@UnableToDisplay 

Contact numbers here but phones are very busy Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

8.00am is a good time to call before the rush.

When it comes to the reason you are calling stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say "Upgrade", "Lost/Stolen" or "Fraud" if you have to, to get put through to someone.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4