Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insurance

Dc93
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I just made a claim on my o2 insurance as I dropped my phone and damaged it and I am now awaiting the phone to be collected in a few days to be sent off to the assessment centre. However since making the claim I have noticed more damage appearing that obviously wasnt there when making the claim do I need to make them aware of this? Or just send off anyway.?

Also if my claim is rejected do you still pay the £60 excess fee if they reject to repair or replace the phone?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Dc93 

Just send it and let them assess it as received.

Excess is only paid if the claim is approved, if not, it's returned to you free of any charges.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Dc93
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Appreciate your reply

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

Welcome

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Dc93
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My phone was collected today by DPD. I asked for proof of collection and was told I would receive an email of confirmation however I have yet to get one. 

I never got an email from dpd with a reference number either just one from o2 saying they had arranged for collection on todays date. 

Will I receive an update from the o2 insurance to let me know they have received the phone or should I just wait to see what happens? As know I am worried I have no receipt or way of telling if my phone makes it to the insurance company.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144449 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions

@Dc93 

You can call o2 with your claims reference number and they can tell you when received.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6