Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 disconnected Refresh plan in error!

Pears2025
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Back in September I called up and I paid off my Apple Watch device plan and terminated the airtime. 

A month later I found my own number wasn’t working, turns out the agent who I spoke to also terminated my phone refresh contract even though I still had £677 to pay on it, in error. After a long 3 weeks  of trying to get my number re-connected, a manager I spoke too managed to get my number re connected but they could only put me on a sim only plan. The manager reassured me that I would continue to pay my device plan as normal.

Roll on to a couple of weeks later after getting an enforcement termination bill for my phone plan of £677 and a final bill, I’ve now been advised that o2 can only let me pay off my device plan over 6 months as it’s the longest they can offer. Does anyone know where I stand with this? I didn’t break the contract and now I’m being told I have to pay the full phone back within 6 months which I can’t do! Plus not to mention this is going to massively impact my credit rating! I still had over 30 months left on my phone refresh contract! I’m at a loss here, so any advice would be helpful or if someone else has had a similar situation where they had been disconnected in error by o2? 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

@Pears2025 

Just when you think O2 can't get any worse, they perform this little gem!

Use Resolver to lodge a complaint.

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Pears2025
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for that, it’s advising to speak to the payment management team. Was already waiting on a manager call back from them (that’s has actually fell out of timescale now!) looks like I’ll be calling them again and spending the day on the phone 🙃

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Depends on how much of your life you wish to waste @Pears2025 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Pears2025
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well another call made and asking for another manager call back due to another failed manager call back. Least I have lodged an official complaint. I’m not holding out much hope though…

Message 5 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Pears2025 

if you have lodged an official complaint, you might want to involve Resolver :-

How to Complain | Help | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

They have a reputation for facilitating satisfactory outcomes. 

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

As already advised.

No need to repeat 

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Pears2025
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well after much back and forth, finally tonight I had a good result. A manager called me back after phoning again on Tuesday, to tell me that they are going to credit the termination charge as they have no way of re instating a device plan once it has been terminated (even in error). 

It’s good to know that there are some people who do take their jobs seriously and respond and act with care. Just a shame it took so long and so many agents! 

Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144493 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27685 Solutions

Good to hear @Pears2025 

Let's hope it goes OK from here.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5813 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Dave-O2 

Some positive feedback from @Pears2025 for you to note.  

Message 10 of 11