Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 coverage of my village pooor for a month now

Chat-is-cheap
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Our whole village has had poor coverage for a month now.
The O2 chat "gurus" vary in their ability to tell me the status. A couple of weeks ago, one cared enough to find out that the local mast has had some work starting 8th August, and that it was "priority" to complete. Some O2 users in the village had received a text warning of a drop in signal whiole the work was onging.

Yesterday, I tried to get an update, but this time a different "guru" simply spouted the line that the service was perfect (the O2 online network coverage page has always said the same) and refused to walk the extra mile to find out the info that the previous guru had. He even refused to put me through to his supervisor.

I switched to O2 because they were the only ones with decent coverage around here. Now it appears that they've dropped that mast, I may as well go shop around again.

Since this is a material change in service, I believe it also nullifies any contract.

If you are from O2 reading this, then you need to get somebody who gives a damn and ALSO has access to the information to contact me; only, don't use my O2 number as you're not likely to get through owing to poor coverage.

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You can check your own status here http://status.o2.co.uk/
O2 won't answer you or read this as essentially it's a customer forum.
@Toby may be able to assist you though with additional help in the right direction.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
You can check your own status here http://status.o2.co.uk/
O2 won't answer you or read this as essentially it's a customer forum.
@Toby may be able to assist you though with additional help in the right direction.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 93251 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

If a mast has had to be decommissioned (sometimes it's on private land and o2's lease may have run out?) they then have to sort out a new mast. Quite why the status says it's ok I don't know but try the complaint route here....

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

You can also use the disagree button on the status website or download the My Network app where you can report the problem.

Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23102 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3677 Solutions

Your contract isn't just for coverage in your village, so you're still obliged to pay it. The service in your village may have changed, but that doesn't nullify it. No network offers 100% coverage. You are entitled to complain, and maybe they will offer you a goodwill gesture, but you will have to continue paying the contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Agreed with @Bambino it's really frustrating but no this certainly does not nullify your contract.! Don't cancel any DD in anger as this will definitely cause more aggro than it's worth.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using O2 in my house for years.  I change phones occassionally but have never had a problem.

For the last 11 days whenever I try to call someone or take a call, they can barely hear me.  They say the line keeps breaking up and the reception is very bad.  I can not sustain a conversation.

I have checked the post code checker on the website that says there are no local issues and it is working fine.  We are south of Winchester.

I know 4G has come to within 1/2 mile of the house.  Could this have caused the loss of service?  We used to have 3G inside but now virtually no signal.  My phone is 4G enabled and works fine in other areas and so it is not the phone.

PLEASE HELP.   I take and make all my work calls on my mobile and so loosing service isn't an issue.  O2 insist there isn't a problem in the area but it seems weird a network that has worked for years now hasn't for 11 days and nothing else has changed.

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 144457 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27680 Solutions
Try turning off 4g and see if signal improves.
Phone will switch to 3g for calls normally but just try forcing it to see if it makes a difference.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7