Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 billing - A total joke!

Jamieww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I have been a loyal O2 customer for a number of years with multiple contracts.

Recenty I was down to two contracts.

I took out another contract for my son, who being disabled required constant ability to be in touch and tracked where ever he is.

The unfortuante thing is that the signal for O2 in the area he need it most was very poor and so very unreliable, we even had a situation where he had a seizure but his device was unable to contact us.

So after only 5 or 6 days of the contract I cancelled, well within the 14day cool off period.

Cancelling the contract took 1 phone call & a further 5 chat contacts..

No-one seemed to actually do what they said they would, the intitial phone call to cancel was simple, everything seemed ok, I had a cancellation reference number and I thiought that would be it. Days later I noticed whilst checking another account that the cancelled one was still active, i tried the sim at home and yes it was and I was able to call it - strange for a sim that was supposed to be cancelled!

I then contacted via chat - i thought that way I would have written proof from O2 as I print out each transcript and email a copy to myself.

Every contact i made to Chat was a repeat of the exact same process - all saying that all was ok and that they had cancelled the contract and there would be no further charges.... yes I do have physical printouts of each and everyone!

Finally a day before the 14day period an advisor said that she had completed an immediate urgent completion, that was irrivocable (thankfully at last), that it would immediately show on my O2 account that the number no longer exists.... this was checked whilst i was still on chat and I was more than happy to confirm that she had in fact done eactly as she had promised... The ending of the chat stated that I would not be liable for any charges and that I would not be billed, but just in case to keep an eye on my account to set my mind at rest...

I had completely forgotten about this, in fact I assumed that as the number had been deleted off my account within the 14day period that i was more than covered......how wrong was I..

I had my monthly text stating my bill amount for Febuary, usually max of £35... now £294.53!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a mistake so I checked my mobile O2 app, yes it was showing and it was related to the cancelled account... I phoned O2 immediately and went through the usual checks and I was promised that this would be sorted and I would not in fact owe anything, it may take 1 - 3 days to show on my account but not to worry, I checked and double checked with the operator, I then left feeling relieved as losing that kind of money would leave my family penniless without money for food/petrol/heating or anything else.

Then I decided I would keep an eye on my account on O2, 4 days later the amount and bill was still showing.....

I contacted via chat so that I could get a physical copy of the chat & email myself (why i had even bothered phoning without being able to record i have no idea)... I was told that nothing had been actioned and the bill was still effective, but the operator would resolve the situation and confirmed again that I was within the 14day cooling off period and that I did not owe anything. I was assured that everything was now completed and that I would defiantely not have to pay the £294.53 bill on the 3rd of march, so I asked if this would show immediately on my account and I was told no, it will take 1 to 3 days (again)....

Now today, 21/02/17, I checked my account just to be sure - 4 days after previous chat conversation - yet again the same checks and again almost word for word confirmation that I DID NOT have to pay the £294.53 and that I HAD cancelled WITHIN the 14day cooling off period... I explained again the consequesnce my family would suffer if this amount came out of my account, I was assured that it would not and I would not owe anything for that contract... I wanted a cast iron guarentee, but the advisor could not give me that, the advisor then told me to cancel my Direct Debit which alarmed me as that would mean my actual owing contract that I do have to pay would not be paid, this would then in effect cause a negative payment on my credit report file - which I am not willing to lose out on, so I obtained a breakdown of the amount that I needed to pay. I was told to cancel the DD & make a payment for my normal contract via the O2 app or website and that I would have to cancel the DD at my bank!!

So due to O2 being absolutly useless at being able to do their jobs, I have spent countless hours phoning & on chat wasting my time & thiers, time and stress that I struggle with... I now have to waste more time at my bank to cancel the DD, more time paying the proper outstanding amount to O2, then more time setting up another DD to continue paying the current contracts.

Does O2 care about their customers? not in my opinion

Does O2 look after their loyal customers? not in my opinion

Do O2 operators know how to do their jobs correctly & efficiently first time? Definately not in my opinion

Will I renew any of my existing contracts at renewal time? at this rate NO

Would I recommend O2 to anyone? not in good faith, I could not ask any of my friends or family to trust a company that can not complete simple everyday tasks...i can't be the only person with O2 having these issues.

O2 has seriously let me down, caused me untold amounts of stress, wasted so much of my time, wasted so much of thier own time, they have proven that they are unable to cope.

Wouldn't it be nice to be compensated for the time and stress? even a small gesture? but O2 is too big for that, they do not care about customers, they care about taking money and that is it...

A very unhappy customer....

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122897 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Jamieww This is an absolutely awful experience. I think the time has come for you to make a complaint.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

In that link you will see a section for Resolver. Totally free service that goes all the hard work for you

https://www.resolver.co.uk/  Best of luck with it. I hope it is sorted soon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122897 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Jamieww This is an absolutely awful experience. I think the time has come for you to make a complaint.

http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

In that link you will see a section for Resolver. Totally free service that goes all the hard work for you

https://www.resolver.co.uk/  Best of luck with it. I hope it is sorted soon...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23060 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Jamieww  We are all customers here, so all we can offer are the links @Cleoriff has provided, the advice to lodge a complaint, and a lot of sympathy. Some of the contributors to this forum see the incompetence of some O2 staff on a regular basis, and sadly your story, as horrific as it is, comes as no surprise. Best of luck trying to get this mess sorted out. Please come back and let us know how you get on.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 5

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Yeah I agree. Complaint time. Just watch your lines don't get barred for having an outstanding amount.... Having read some other horrors, this could happen. Best of luck.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 5

Jamieww
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the replies everyone, I think it does make sense to go through the complaints procedure, hopefully it may go some way to prevent someting like this happening to someone else.

Thanks for the links - it would have taken me ages to find exactly what i was meant to do!

The amount at present is still showing on my account, so I am not hopeful that anything has been done but I am giving it until Friday then cancelling my DD, if they stop my other contracts due to this then they can have the whole lot back and take me to court to fight it out, I have all the evidence from initial contact, purchase, questioning coverage, disgusing options then cancellation, followed by cancellation issues etc., and now the completely unnecessary bill and attempts to cancel it before having to physically goto my bank and cancel the DD... what a total shambles.

Thanks again everyone!! much appreciated

Message 5 of 5