cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 bill of just over £225 for the Month Of JAN 2011.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I have multiply o2 accounts , one for my son, one for my daughter and my wife.
They all have monthly contracts my wife is the only one who keep within here monthly usage , which is £25.03 per month.
Although the other two have contract amounts of £37 and £25 they both overrun and this month they cost £209 between them, that + my wifes £25 gave me a total O2 bill of just over £225 for the Month Of JAN 2011. In both cases the overrun is on calls not data or texts.
Please advise how I can best manage these accounts - many thanks. Liam
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Probably a bit late now, but I would have put the offspring on Pay as you go, then if you give them a monthly allowance they pay for what they need from that, hassle over! slight_smile
I think some phone operators will let you set a maximum spend, but I don't think O2 do it.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3126 Posts
  • 28 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
If the individual contracts are overrunning then perhaps moving up to another tariff would be better control. Saying that, its the type of calls that would be in question as it could be the dreaded premium calls or worse, 0800 numbers which are chargeable and are stated as such when you try to ring it (with the first zero).
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also check your allowance and see how many minutes and texts you have left by sending a text to 21202.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's just standard calls that are making them go over move them up to the next Plan, normally an increase of like £5 or £10 but should easily cover the extra £20/25 of calls they are making.
Give o2 a call and get them to check usuage and see which Plan would be best for them, will save you the overages for an extra £5 or so.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
it could also be international or roaming charges. Did anyone go overseas during the holidays?
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
1. Block international calls and premium rate calls
2. Have words and take it out of their pocket money
If you give kids free phones and free contracts what do you expect to happen?
Message 7 of 7