Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are now offically Annoying

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am annoyed with O2 for various reasons now

1. My O2 treats are not working. I can not get any

2. When I call 2211 it just says press 1 for info. I do that and it says press * to get your treat. Pressing * just ends the call!

3. When emailing customer service they just tell me to ring 2211 when I keep telling them that it will not let me CHOOSE!!!!!!!!

4. When ringing customor service I wasted 50p because I did not know they were not open

Anyone else have this. If they dont reply I am going to vodafone because atleast they have better customor service!!!!!!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you call 2211 it should say press 1, then it should run through the available treats which are usually 2 for 1 on family days out, a 2 month trial of the gourmet society card and a 2 month free trial at blockbuster. I don't know about the family days out but the dining card and blockbuster offer both require you to sign up with bank details and will start charging you.

That's what it's like on contract anyway.

You mentioned you paid for your calls to customer service so you're maybe on pre pay?

If it's not working when you call 2211 then I wouldn't bother emailing, you're going to need to speak with somebody. I'm not sure why when you press * it's ending the call, I just called mine and if I press * at any time it says sorry not recognised. If I press # it starts talking about the treats in more detail.
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on PAYG.

Also it says press 1 for more info. And just says what O2 treats are. And pressing * during the call ends it. And at the end of the call it says Press * to get your treat and still ends the call.
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am on PAYG.
Also it says press 1 for more info. And just says what O2 treats are. And pressing * during the call ends it. And at the end of the call it says Press * to get your treat and still ends the call.

When I call on pre-pay, its 1 to choose a treat, 2 for more info and * at any time to end the call.
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I experienced all the problems you were having too. Tried calling o2 over the weekend to hear an automated voice saying "Sorry, we're closed".. and I got charged for it!

Actually, whilst I'm on the subject I might as well just point out that o2 values contract customers more, just like any other network and when I was on the 3 network, I was paying £50 per month just for mobile broadband alone - twice the amount that it costs contract customers.

The o2 Treats line still doesn't work properly, so I lost out on my treats that o2 gave me. They only offered me 10 free texts or 5 free MMS - gee, wow!
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just got a new Sim card as they told me my number and sim were the problem. And it still says the same thing -_-. Press star to get your treat = ends the call.
Message 6 of 6