Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are charging me for 2 devices

Roblfc
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Used o2 switch up in January to upgrade from the s23u to s24u. My bill should be £56.70 but o2 have robbed me of £95 on my bill and even after 3 weeks of trying to complain I'm at a loss. Still no response from them so I've had to contact ofcom about getting everything cancelled without affecting my credit and moving to a different provider.  Terrible scam from o2

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6800 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

OFCOM don't handle individual complaints.

You are not the first customer where this has happened unfortunately.

You can put out an official complaint to O2 but they take around 8 weeks at the moment and once lodged no one can help further.

You can then get a deadlock letter and go to the communications ombudsman.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

Roblfc
  • 34 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I'll be glad to cancel this contract and move elsewhere. Absolutely a disgrace from o2

Message 3 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Roblfc wrote:

I'll be glad to cancel this contract and move elsewhere. Absolutely a disgrace from o2

It will be a shame if you choose to move on @Roblfc, but if you do, this might be of assistance :-

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Message 4 of 8

Roblfc
  • 34 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

They have just shown themselves to be complete THIEVES and honestly won't need advice on how to get out of the contract cause they hare thr ones breaking their contract 

Fed up with these billion pound companies not giving a toss about us

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10288 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3024 Solutions

@Roblfc 

You can cancel by paying off your device plan, and then walk away, as o2 arent going to let you walk off with a £1000 handset, unless you really are that daft to think that... 

And they aren't breaking any contract, as you are receiving service and you have a phone...  The problem is with an upgrade that hasnt been cleared properly.. And if you call o2 on 0800 902 0217 they can sort it out quite quickly....

Details on how to cancel are here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract  Im sure you won't be missed by o2 or the wider VMO2 business...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

Roblfc
  • 34 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Ermm yes they are, charging me for 2 devices...I signed on the dotted line for £56.70 per month...not £95..mandatory you must he having a laugh, I've tried every number and email possible....brick wall. 

I know if they keep this up I can get our of contract no problem...and who said anything about me keeping a phone? I'll soon hand it back believe me.  Sounds like you work for them lol

Message 7 of 8

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6384 Posts
  • 114 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Roblfc wrote:

Ermm yes they are, charging me for 2 devices...I signed on the dotted line for £56.70 per month...not £95..mandatory you must he having a laugh, I've tried every number and email possible....brick wall. 

I know if they keep this up I can get our of contract no problem...and who said anything about me keeping a phone? I'll soon hand it back believe me.  Sounds like you work for them lol

@Roblfc 

This is a customer to customer forum ; the only O2 employee on here is Dave, our forum manager. You are an O2 customer, I am an O2 customer and @madasaf1sh is an O2 customer who is trying to help you.   

If you want to leave your contract, that's fair enough ; please follow the directions in the guide that has already been drawn to your attention. However, I suggest that you proceed carefully. If you leave owing money to O2, they have shown in the past that they are ruthless. They will sell your debt to a debt collection agency and trash your credit score in the bargain. 

Take care. 👍 

Message 8 of 8