cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 are aggressive bullies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone find O2 are aggressive when chasing for payments? I have been a loyal O2 customer for a number of years and rarely had any issues, since upgrading under the O2 refresh scheme, I've had nothing but problems. Firstly O2 seperated the bill into two different payments, I pay my O2 bill via standing order and this caused no end of problems, resulting in my phone being cut off. Resolved after several arguements and eventually they gave me my two account numbers. I sent a payment on the 23rd June, one for airtime and one for phone and they've loaded up one but the other is yet to appear and my phones been cut off again. No one can ring me either, seems very bulling to prevent all calls whatsoever when I am dealing with my bank to find out why the payment seems to have got lost, despite being sent to the same account details. I had no warning, literally just cut it off, because I know how aggressive O2 are, I knew they had cut it off.

Message 1 of 42
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Then if you feel it is unjustified the complaints process is detailed here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 42
41 REPLIES 41

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum

Refresh is split into two payments as you now are aware of and should have been advised when you opened up the contract.. Phone plan and airtime.

Can you not set up Direct Debits for these.

Standing orders are for an exact amount which means if you Go over your allowances and go over and incur a charge there may be an issue.

Link to explain https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/direct-debits-and-standing-orders

"Standing orders

What is a standing order?

You tell your bank or building society to make regular payments to a particular bank or building society account.
They’re different from Direct Debits – they pay exactly the amount you choose, not the amount you owe to an organisation."
Message 2 of 42

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I wouldn't class it as bullying, their terms are quite clear with regards to non payment. However you have had problems with the payment being in two parts ie. for airtime and for the phone.

I would have thought you would have been advised that two seperate direct debits are needed at the time of taking out the contract so it seems that something has gone wrong between the bank and O2.

Unfortunately we can't help, being customers like yourself, but you need to liase with customer service to stop this happening again. Hope you get it sorted as soon as possible.

Message 3 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable

I choose SO over DD as I like to have control over when payment is sent due to my paydates. I was not expecting a solution. I was not informed at the time I took out O2 refresh it was split into two seperate payments etc, it was extremely unclear as I upgraded online.

Message 4 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I understand your need to control your payments via standing orders ,but that's why your where you are now.

You can set the x2 DD to be taken out after your salary payment date.

how the contract works should have been explained before you signed to accept the phone, tariff costs and T&C.

This info is also available online too.

For example http://www.o2.co.uk/refresh
Message 5 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The sooner O2 start to enforce their own rules regarding DD's the better off everyone will be and these issues will not crop up.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 42

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

When I took out my contract. I can't remember being given a choice about monthly payment...

It was direct debit or nothing. I understood it was all part of the T&C's?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
So did I Den - I can only assume that some customers refuse the DD....?
It's in the T&C's so should not be an option imho.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 42

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think 02 are stuck between a rock and a hard place. 😞

For whichever reason a DD is cancelled they still require payment hence the alternative methods.

Message 9 of 42

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If a DD is cancelled or refused the contract should be suspended and the debt passed on to a debt collection agency unless the DD is reinstated within 28 days.... Simples slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 10 of 42