Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 and Vodafone Roaming?

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I realise that O2 and Vodafone have up until recently shared 4G mast construction via Cornerstone.

I also realise that occasionally O2 and Vodafone share masts.

Do O2 and Vodafone allow a sort of internal ‘Roaming’ where an O2 user might roam on Vodafones network and vice versua ?

Thanks very much.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As yet there is no home roaming agreements with any networks although it is something that the government has been talking to the networks about.
Generally though the networks don’t want this as it removes competition from areas where some networks have an advantage over others.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
As yet there is no home roaming agreements with any networks although it is something that the government has been talking to the networks about.
Generally though the networks don’t want this as it removes competition from areas where some networks have an advantage over others.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2