cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 alert.....you've been sent a media message.

Tolkienista
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I regularly receive text messages with photos attached from friends, but for the first time in the last two days I've received messages from o2_Alert saying I have a media message and need to go to 

www.o2.co.uk/m/ and type in my mobile number and PIN. Never had this before the last week, what's going on?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Tolkienista Sounds a bit odd to have to enter a PIN. You should be able to view an MMS if you have your data on. That's all you should need.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Tolkienista
  • 31 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Tolkienista Sounds a bit odd to have to enter a PIN. You should be able to view an MMS if you have your data on. That's all you should need.

Yes I thought the same too. I understand that I have to pay extra to send a picture attached to a text message, but to have to go through this rigmarole to receive a picture attached to.a text.message, I just.dont get.

Message 3 of 5

Kode
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Hi
I have the same problem when somebody sends me a MMS picture message due to I have a £0 spend on my account which stops the MMS downloading to my phone. Me and many others have reported this to O2 but still haven’t sorted the issue out. Check if your spend cap is set to £0 or if you have reached your spend cap this month.
Message 4 of 5

Tolkienista
  • 31 Posts
  • 9 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Kode wrote:
Hi
I have the same problem when somebody sends me a MMS picture message due to I have a £0 spend on my account which stops the MMS downloading to my phone. Me and many others have reported this to O2 but still haven’t sorted the issue out. Check if your spend cap is set to £0 or if you have reached your spend cap this month.

That will be it then........I changed my tariff in the last week and applied a £0 spend on my account to stop me ringing premium rate numbers accidentally. Didn't realise what the implications would be for my account.

Thanks for your useful reply. I will contact o2 and see what they say.

Message 5 of 5