Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WOULD NOT REFUND MY DEPOSIT!!!

dreamsover
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I payed 100£ deposit on the 2d of January 2018. I was told I can have my money back after the third payed bill (no delay on payment of course). I was told I can call and ask for the money back or if I do not call the money would be automatically put into my o2 account and I will have a reduced bill for the next couple of months. After a lot of calls and chatting over the o2 website I was granted my request for the money to be tranferred back to my bank account. They money transfer accured on the 17th of April, according to the o2 tech support. They do not provide me with any prove of such transfer. It is now way over 10 working days and I still have nothing into my bank account. I called my bank 2 times and on both times they said that there are no outstanding orders to my bank account, none at all. I called o2 3 times (!!!!!!)  already and each and every time they are trying to push me away with stupid excuses like : "I can't do anything, this is the job of our finance department but we can not call them, we can only write them an e-mail and they will answer within 24 hours and then we gonna give you a call". Nobody calls back EVER. I am calling everyday now and everyday I've being told the same lie over and over again! Let me be clear, I have absolutely clean credit record, I payed everything on time, I never had any problems with credit institutions or o2. They are simply not holding their part of the contract. What legal actions can I take? I am tired of stupid excuses from a company making billions but refussing to give me back the amount of 100£!!!

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Happy it's all sorted, and thanks for updating us @dreamsover smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 16 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @dreamsover The best thing for you to do is make a complaint. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Use Resolver in the link. Resolver

They get good results. Best of luck and welcome to the forum Welcome

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 28

MI5
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Start with a complaint https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain and seek advice from your local citizens advice (CAB)
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you very much! Just wrote to the Resolver with evidence - the deposit receipt and bank statement for the past 10 days. Also wrote to the o2 e-mail address because as I've said, everytime I call them they make excuses and offer no real solutions. 

Message 4 of 28

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Good luck and I'm sure Resolver will get you the refund. I would be asking O2 for some form of goodwill gesture for your time and stress.

EDIT spelling

Message 5 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! I've just contacted the citizens advice for my area , as adviced above, and described the problem there as well.

Message 6 of 28

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @dreamsover, sorry to hear that you've had such a poor experience with this deposit refund disappointed I'm sending you a PM now to get a bit more details and see if we can speed things up from our end!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you Emilie, I really appreciate this!

On the subject, I was told that it can take up to 15 days. It is working day number 15 and I still haven't got any deposit back, no outstanding orders on my bank account.

They are lying to me all the time and I think it is a tactic to make me quit.

Message 8 of 28

dreamsover
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Working day number 19, still no deposit back.....

Message 9 of 28

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@dreamsover wrote:

Working day number 19, still no deposit back.....

@dreamsoverI will call @EmilieT back to the thread. Hopefully she will be able to see what's going on. This has gone beyond a joke now. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 28