cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Voicemail

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I need to know if voicemails delete automatically after a certain time period. If so, what is this time period? And what can I do to prevent the voicemail getting deleted?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
This extract is taken from : http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp ... orewith901
under Mailbox settings

You can store up to 40 messages or minutes of messages in your mailbox. Each stored message can be up to four minutes long, and if you reach your storage limit we'll let you know.

Messages can be stored for up to 30 days if you're a Pay Monthly customer and up to 17 days if you're a Pay & Go customer. We'll let you know before your stored messages are deleted.

Other options for voice mail allow you to forward your messages to another mobile on a different network which may have a longer storage period.

Options available whilst listening to messages :

Retrieval Menu
• Key 0 - Pause or continue message
• Key 2 - Save message
• Key 3 - Delete message
• Key 4 - Skip back 5 seconds
• Key 5 - Return the call
• Key 6 - Skip forward 5 seconds
• Key 7 - Forward the message directly to someone else - (Post-pay only)
• Key 8 - Hear the time and date the message was left
• Key 9 - Choose a text reply to send - (Post-pay only)

Hope this helps
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Stevy for the reply. It was quite useful. However, I was under the impression that O2 Voicemail messages can only be forwarded to another 02 user, but your reply says it can be forwarded to another mobile having a different network. Is that so and if so how can that be done?
Message 3 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I'm very sorry Shirani, you are of course quite right. I was under the mistaken belief that this could be done but never having used voicemail forwarding, I'm sorry to have mislead you. O2's help page states :

Forward and reply to your messages
You can forward messages or reply directly to your caller's mailbox by pressing 7 during or after you've listened to them. You'll be asked to attach a note so the person you're sending the message to knows who it's from.
You can forward messages to more than one person at a time by setting up a distribution list. You can have up to nine distribution lists with up to 20 numbers in each.
To create a distribution list:
Dial 901
Key* and then 6

Follow the prompts

Messages can be sent to any O2 customer and you'll be charged your standard rate.

My apologies once more :robotsurprised:
Best wishes
Message 4 of 4