cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Upgrade page not working

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to view my upgrade options but nothing loads on the page - the following link gives a server 500 error

https://www.o2.co.uk/upgrade/ajax/select/447764557313

"Something went wrong.Please try again later"

Unable to view current plan or any 'upgrade' options tried on multiple devices and browsers

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
We always suggest you go in store to upgrade.
Not only do you avoid the flaky website ordering process but there are very few phones in stock online, regardless of what the website says.
At least in store you can walk out with your new phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for the suggestion, but i would sooner see what is on offer online before having to trapse to an o2 shop to be given my 'upgrade' options and a hard sell by an o2 sales assistant

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
You can choose online and decide exactly what you want, then just go instore to get it.
It's the only way to guarantee you'll get what you want without waiting or being messed around.
Just print off your choice and take it in store slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Do as @MI5 advises @Anonymous. Even if the phone you want is showing as in stock online, there is a very good chance it isn't in stock at all. O2 don't have a live stock ordering system which leaves many many customers disappointed. slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Apart from the flaky website there is a very temperamental payment system. The chances of your phone being in stock I would put at 80-20 against. 

Ultimately its your choice so you can decide. Who knows, you may well be lucky. 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

the whole issue is i can't select/see any upgrade options - making it very difficult to choose anything

upgrade.png

Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Upgrades are the same as new deals which can all be found here http://www.o2.co.uk/shop

Currently using:
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'd assumed the upgrades section would contain 'better' deals for existing customers

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

i'd assumed the upgrades section would contain 'better' deals for existing customers

There were some good deals at the beginning of December. I took one myself. However O2 operate a 'fair deal for all policy' so unless you are looking at the right time you will be out of luck sadly...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11