Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel Inclusive

Wild
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I moved to a new monthly contract which supposedly has Travel Inclusive. I am now in Australia and have received a text saying I have reached my £48 limit and data is no longer available. What do I do to get my phone on the O2travel inclusive tariff and get the £48 removed? Do I have to do something to activate the “Inclusive travel”? I checked this on an online chat before leaving home and was told that it would start automatically once in Australia.

Message 1 of 24
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

That's great to hear @Wild! This issue should now be resolved for everyone however if anyone is still having problems please let me know. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143425 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We know of people having the same problem in the USA and we are told there are some problems with the system.
All I can suggest is @EmilieT or @Marjo contact you to see if they can get some help, but I think this is a failure of the current system.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So confirmation that it hasn't been fixed yet!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 24

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you sure that you have O2 Travel Inclusive? It only comes with certain tariffs and even some of the salesmen don't understand at times. Check in My O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/international/travel-inclusive-zone

Going outside of Europe? Good news. With our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone Bolt On, available on selected O2 Refresh and sim only tariffs, you can get inclusive data roaming in 27 international destinations. And if you’re going beyond our Inclusive Zone you can still subscribe to our full O2 Travel Bolt On for £4.99 a day in selected destinations.

You’ll get a daily allowance of 120 minutes and 120 texts, and data,  when you roam in our O2 Travel Inclusive Zone. There’s no cap on data, but we’ll manage traffic and may need to slow down speeds depending on usage, and all allowances are subject to our Fair Usage policy. Calls and texts to premium rate numbers and other special numbers are not included.

Message 4 of 24

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

The o2 Travel include is turning into a night mare for o2.

what is happening

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 5 of 24

Wild
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to all the above. I particularly upgraded to the 20GB tariff because it said in had the Travel Inclusive. I have now had two ‘chats’ and a conversation with Robyn on 202. She said that I am definitely on the travel Inclusive and that “it will all be sorted out before my next bill.  I am now trusting to that and continuing to use my mobile data, calls and texts. However, it was obvious from one of the online chats that the right addon had not been automatically added to my account, even though a chat before leaving the UK said that all was fine and it will automatically switch in when in Australia. Obviously the O2 software has not caught up with the Travel Inclusive system. 

I will not know any more until my next bill which is due 19th sep. I will come back then!

Message 6 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Wild

Well you can check your bill/usage yourself if you go into My O2 https://www.o2.co.uk/

Just remember, you can claim back any charges over and above what they should have been with O2 Travel Inclusive. It's such a pity O2 offered this service to customers if they purchased a certain tariff  only for it to fail when they needed it!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 24

Wild
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi again,

I have now got £52 showing as extras on my account using Travel Inclusive tariff in Australia. No sign yet of it being sorted out and just 5 days to go until my bill is due for this month. Will O2 keep to there promise in the various contacts I have had with them that it will be sorted out before my bill is due? Watch this space for the next instalment of the O2 Travel Inclusive saga.

Message 8 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@WildThis Travel Inclusive is proving to be a real mess. So many complaints and we hoped it would be sorted and it's not.

So to answer your question, If you have the O2 Travel Inclusive bolt on and you have been charged in error, then O2 HAVE to refund your money.

You have paid for a service which they have failed to provide. Absolutely appalling.

Best of luck when you get back to the UK wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 24

iPhone23
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread! I have today upgraded to a 50GB contract and therefore I believe this will be eligible for the O2 Travel Inclusive Zone bolt on? After a confusing web chat with O2 customer service, I think I am? However, they at first did not know this bolt existed and kept saying I need to pay the £4.99 for standard O2 Travel. As my upgrade will not show on my account until next Friday (iPhone XS), I cannot check. Can anyone shed light on this? Off to the States soon and need to know charges etc!

Thanks

Message 10 of 24